AD NEED AN MD & LESS SCRUBS IN LA’S ANATOMY: THE 2021 LAKERS OFFSEASON THREAD

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
That would basically be resigning Schroder. :skip:

I hope they use the MLE on a good fit and not just "flashiest available name" like they did last year.
1. I will still take Schroder on this roster if he wants to come back, he was horrible in playoffs but he did win us games during season with all the injuries.

2. You guys are underrating Oubre, this team barely has any defense. Oubre for MLE would be a steal. He is much better than Bazemore. But if you want to see Wayne Ellington and 40 year old Ariza chase the best players from other teams, enjoy:yeshrug:. Warriors needed Oubre to be one of the main guys last season, Lakers will not.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
1. I will still take Schroder on this roster if he wants to come back, he was horrible in playoffs but he did win us games during season with all the injuries.

2. You guys are underrating Oubre, this team barely has any defense. Oubre for MLE would be a steal. He is much better than Bazemore. But if you want to see Wayne Ellington and 40 year old Ariza chase the best players from other teams, enjoy:yeshrug:. Warriors needed Oubre to be one of the main guys last season, Lakers will not.
You're falsely contrasting Oubre to guys they already have. The question isn't Oubre vs. players they already got, the question is how to maximize the MLE.

Oubre is a flashier defender than he is a good defender, just like Schroder he misses assignments and takes risks/gets beat all the time.

I agree that he would be a steal for the MLE, just like Trez was a steal last year for what he signed for. Schroder was a steal too. Drummond was a steal too. Kuzma was a steal too. But last year's experience is a good cautionary tale that stockpiling a bunch of "steals" isn't what gets you a title.

This team already has Westbrook and THT. Unless they're getting rid of one of them, then picking up a 3rd scoring guard who can't shoot is gonna be a real iffy direction to take. Do you really want a Westbrook-Oubre-Bron starting or closing lineup where Bron is the best shooter on the court, or a THT+Oubre+???? second unit that can neither shoot nor distribute?

The absolute biggest need right now is a quality perimeter defender who can actually hit that 3pt shot.

Awful take as per usual

Great contribution breh, glad you took the time to type that out. :skip:

Schroder and Oubre are both aggressive scorers who don't hit the 3pt well and aggressive defenders who take risks but miss assignments. Their roles are quite similar, only Oubre is bigger but he can't run the point.

Last edited:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

Definitely taking Oubre over Schroeder, would be an excellent get tbh. He had a down year but was pretty good in Phoenix. He's got size and he's versatile plus he's only 25.