Actress Chloe Bennet Changed Her Last Name Because Of 'Racist' Hollywood

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Chloe Bennet is speaking out against discrimination in show business. The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star posted an Instagram praising actor Ed Skrein for stepping down from playing Major Ben Daimio in the upcoming Hellboy reboot after learning that in the original comic, the character is of mixed Asian heritage, which Skrein is not.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I mean none English names didn't stop chewitel Ejiofor, Idris Elba or Gugu Mbata Raw

Seems like an excuse to just change your name to something none ethnic
Starting out though I doubt any of those actors were being color-blind casted in roles. They were likely only being seen/cast for roles of black characters just based on their names alone. Plus no matter what those three actors changed their names to they still are black; Bennett can pass for a white girl.
And looking at her career she has benefited from the name change because while she looks almost 100% white i she was going after the average white girl roles that she has tended to get with the last name of Wang I really don't think she'd have been cast in most of the things she has been cast in because casting directors would see the Chinese name and immediately think she would be wrong for certain parts.
I mean before she got Agents of Shield she played some record exec on fukking Nashville which might be the whitest show on TV.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I mean none English names didn't stop chewitel Ejiofor, Idris Elba or Gugu Mbata Raw

Seems like an excuse to just change your name to something none ethnic

In all fairness.... Ive seen them in more roles or opportunities then say Will Yun Lee or buddy from Ninja Assassins get a lot of opportunities like that. There are a few more I can name but I dont feel like typing a list

So her stance is fair

Martha