Actors/Actresses that can't help but to play themselves

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Leonardo DiCaprio - Never saw dude really become any of the characters that I've seen him play. He often gets outshined too. It made sense he won the Academy Award for The Revenant, there was barely any dialogue for his part and only required showing emotion well, which he is good at. Even then, I feel Tom Hardy's performance was superior.

I'm not talking about the roles. To be fair, Leo has diverse enough set of characters, I agree with you on that. My point, is that his personality and mannerisms oten shine through his characters to the point where it comes off as "Leo, as Leo pretending to be Monsieur Candie" rather than really selling any role. Even in Wolf of Wall Street, he didn't even seem to resemble the original Jordan Belfort in speech or personality much, whereas Margot Robbie pretty much outshined him as Naomi (Nadine) whenever they were together on screen.
They ain't gon like this:mjpls:
Trust me, I know:mjlol:

Daps
Tracey Morgan should have been in the thread title

:sas1:

Julia Roberts
Sandra Bullock
Chris Rock
Wanda Sykes

And pretty much all standup comedians are playing themselves, Amy Schumer, Etc

And

Larry David

:lolbron:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not talking about the roles. To be fair, Leo has diverse enough set of characters, I agree with you on that. My point, is that his personality and mannerisms oten shine through his characters to the point where it comes off as "Leo, as Leo pretending to be Monsieur Candie" rather than really selling any role. Even in Wolf of Wall Street, he didn't even seem to resemble the original Jordan Belfort in speech or personality much, whereas Margot Robbie pretty much outshined him as Naomi (Nadine) whenever they were together on screen.

Props man I respect your opinion but I still disagree for the most part. Dude definitely has some go to facial expressions and mannerisms, some of which I feel like he jacked straight from de niro, but I didn't notice that in Django, Aviator or even J Edgar.