Actors/Actresses that can't help but to play themselves

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
What are some actors/actresses that can't help but to be themselves in movies, even though they are suppose to be another character:snoop:. For instance:

image-w240.jpg

James Stewart, amazing actor but I swear every damn movie he played in just felt like an extended version of "Its a Wonderful Life":francis:

MV5BNTczMzk1MjU1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk2MzAyMg@@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Will Smith been playing Will Smith since Jazz got thrown out of the house:beli:. Good actor but I swear the only movie where he wasn't Will Smith was Hancock:what:.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Denzel too. He always uses the same tone of voice, same personality (no nonsense, intense..), same facial expressions, same everything. Only thing that really changes is his character's name and occupation

I was going to post him in this thread but there are some roles that he didn't do that "cocky ha ha laugh" shyt. I swear he works better with Spike Lee because he bring something out of him that's not tainted by the Denzel effect in flicks.

• Mo Better Blues, Denzel actually did good as a jazz musician struggling to keep his dikk in his pants
  • Malcolm X..................:wow:nuff said
  • Inside Man, he really played the background detective in that flick, rather than the typical Denzel shyt:beli:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gabriel Union

1:48

Edit: I didn't know this thread meant playing themselves in a negative light. I just posted gabby because I saw a meme that said this exact same thing. I meant no disrespect :hubie:

Last edited:
Daps
Leonardo DiCaprio - Never saw dude really become any of the characters that I've seen him play. He often gets outshined too. It made sense he won the Academy Award for The Revenant, there was barely any dialogue for his part and only required showing emotion well, which he is good at. Even then, I feel Tom Hardy's performance was superior.

I agree about Denzel. Never said that though because I feel like it's almost akin to saying anything bad about Tupac in the black community.

I was gonna say a couple of other people, but I realized they were not really playing themselves, just typecasted.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Leonardo DiCaprio - Never saw dude really become any of the characters that I've seen him play. He often gets outshined too. It made sense he won the Academy Award for The Revenant, there was barely any dialogue for his part and only required showing emotion well, which he is good at. Even then, I feel Tom Hardy's performance was superior.

I agree about Denzel. Never said that though because I feel like it's almost akin to saying anything bad about Tupac in the black community.

I was gonna say a couple of other people, but I realized they were not really playing themselves, just typecasted.

Disagree on Leo, his roles in Django, J Edgar, What's Eating Gilbert Grape and The Aviator are all different as fukk. Even when he kinda fails like in J Edgar, dude will step out of his comfort zone and give different performances.

And I didn't even list The Departed or Wolf of Wall Street which I'm guessing you'd consider the typical DiCaprio performance but even those two were really different from one another and IMO he killed em both.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Disagree on Leo, his roles in Django, J Edgar, What's Eating Gilbert Grape and The Aviator are all different as fukk. Even when he kinda fails like in J Edgar, dude will step out of his comfort zone and give different performances.

And I didn't even list The Departed or Wolf of Wall Street which I'm guessing you'd consider the typical DiCaprio performance but even those two were really different from one another and IMO he killed em both.

The Basketball Diaries though:banderas:. I'm surprised dude didn't really win anything from that role because yeesh:whew:

Daps

I'm not talking about the roles. To be fair, Leo has diverse enough set of characters, I agree with you on that. My point, is that his personality and mannerisms oten shine through his characters to the point where it comes off as "Leo, as Leo pretending to be Monsieur Candie" rather than really selling any role. Even in Wolf of Wall Street, he didn't even seem to resemble the original Jordan Belfort in speech or personality much, whereas Margot Robbie pretty much outshined him as Naomi (Nadine) whenever they were together on screen.