Actor Julian Sands found dead in california mountains

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's a low-key easy ass place to die. It's popular for hiking cause it's right next to LA, but there's a lot of extremely steep shyt, the terrain is nasty, and when a storm hits the snow gets way deeper than you would imagine. If you get off-trail in any direction and you're not a very strong hiker, you're fukked. I'm pretty sure that a hiker dies in that region about every 1-2 years.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
RIP...:why: but how did he die??? was he hiking and had no water??? fell hit his head or something?

There's 100 ways to die in that area.

Places where if you slip off the trail you'd fall a long-ass ways. That's the trail, right along the top:

Baldy_IMG_9890.jpg

mt-baldy-hike-views-2-1536x864.jpg

mt-baldy-hike-update-2-1536x864.jpg

But he did it in winter, so we're talking more like this:

winter-on-baldy-devil-backbone-1.jpg

Here's a look at the bigger picture. The whole place is knife edges and ravines:

mt-baldy-hike-3d-map-740x400.jpg

You could die in a fall. You could hurt yourself in the fall and not be able to climb back up. Hell, there are places where it would be hard as fukk to climb back up even if you weren't hurt. You could go off-trail and not be able to find your way back. Terrain is fukking horrible and if you're not on the trail, good luck ever finding your way back to it. You could get cliffed out while off-trail and not find a way forward. You could get stuck in the thick-ass dry vegetation that's in some of the ravines and not be able to find your way out. You could get stuck in deep snow. You could get hypothermia. You could run out of water. You could just starve to death.

Like I said, someone dies in that area almost every year. If you just stay on the trail then it's hard work but a pretty easy hike. But if something goes wrong and you get off-trail, it's as bad as it gets.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Places where if you slip off the trail you'd fall a long-ass ways. That's the trail, right along the top:

Baldy_IMG_9890.jpg

Here's a look at the bigger picture. The whole place is knife edges and ravines:

You could die in a fall. You could hurt yourself in the fall and not be able to climb back up. Hell, there are places where it would be hard as fukk to climb back up even if you weren't hurt. You could go off-trail and not be able to find your way back. Terrain is fukking horrible and if you're not on the trail, good luck ever finding your way back to it. You could get cliffed out while off-trail and not find a way forward. You could get stuck in the thick-ass dry vegetation that's in some of the ravines and not be able to find your way out. You could get stuck in deep snow. You could get hypothermia. You could run out of water. You could just starve to death.

Like I said, someone dies in that area almost every year. If you just stay on the trail then it's hard work but a pretty easy hike. But if something goes wrong and you get off-trail, it's as bad as it gets.

:francis: shyt is crazy...

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Baldy_IMG_9890.jpg

Cacs gon CAC,

White folk love doin dumb shxt for the adrenalin rush x thriiill:hhh: and testin my own limits :camby:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Cacs gon CAC,

White folk love doin dumb shxt for the adrenalin rush x thriiill:hhh: and testin my own limits :camby:

Do you want to compare those death rates to, say, how many people die driving at the nearest dangerous street near you?

Claiming that any race has a monopoly on "doing dumb shyt for adrenaline rush" is a wild take.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
That's a low-key easy ass place to die. It's popular for hiking cause it's right next to LA, but there's a lot of extremely steep shyt, the terrain is nasty, and when a storm hits the snow gets way deeper than you would imagine. If you get off-trail in any direction and you're not a very strong hiker, you're fukked. I'm pretty sure that a hiker dies in that region about every 1-2 years.
I climbed that shıt 2 weeks ago. I fụcking hate it. It's not even cardio just suicidal. You need good shoes with traction or else you're fụcked. They have little kids walking that shıt like it's normal. Never again although very scenic.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I climbed that shıt 2 weeks ago. I fụcking hate it. It's not even cardio just suicidal. You need good shoes with traction or else you're fụcked. They have little kids walking that shıt like it's normal. Never again although very scenic.

I liked it. Probably did the main hike to Baldy 3-4 times (once in snow) and various hikes to other mountains from the same general starting point 6-7 times. I don't think it's suicidal, you just have to understand the conditions and not do anything openly stupid. I've personally never heard of a kid dying there, it's always lone hikers, usually when conditions are bad, and I always assume they went off-trail.