Activision studio Toys For Bob is going independent

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crazy

We're thrilled to announce that Toys for Bob is spinning off as an independent game development studio!

Over the years, we've inspired love, joy, and laughter for the inner child in all gamers. We pioneered new IP and hardware technologies in Skylanders. We raised the bar for best-in-class remasters in Spyro Reignited Trilogy. We've taken Crash Bandicoot to innovative, critically acclaimed new heights.

With the same enthusiasm and passion, we believe that now is the time to take the studio and our future games to the next level. This opportunity allows us to return to our roots of being a small and nimble studio.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To make this news even more exciting, we’re exploring a possible partnership between our new studio and Microsoft. And while we’re in the early days of developing our next new game and a ways away from making any announcements, our team is excited to develop new stories, new characters, and new gameplay experiences.

Our friends at Activision and Microsoft have been extremely supportive of our new direction and we’re confident that we will continue to work closely together as part of our future.

:wow:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Good guy Microsoft.

Let them be independent and still support their projects.

Sony would never :wow:
All I take from that is future games may be coming to Game Pass.

Another studio getting excited by MS offering a couple of millions upfront and then $0.05 per download.

All that will lead to is them begging to put their games on as many platforms as possible. See Hi-Fi Beg. Will probably be playing that on my calculator soon.

:snooze:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Activision, so its either they license it out to them or crash and Spyro just die Basically

Toys for Bob made a modern Crash Bandicoot game and then got sent to the CoD mines. Them shyts ben dead for a minute. Ironically, this might increase the chances of revival. :skip:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All I take from that is future games may be coming to Game Pass.

Another studio getting excited by MS offering a couple of millions upfront and then $0.05 per download.

All that will lead to is them begging to put their games on as many platforms as possible. See Hi-Fi Beg. Will probably be playing that on my calculator soon.

:snooze:
Gamepass is the best deal an indie studio could get right now.

I bet they are praying their game hits gamepass :wow:

Last edited:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
ButI didn’t know that studios could just “go independent”.
:patrice:
AssEnvision was probably like “so, yeah…we’re gonna lay off and dissolve your entire team. But if you guys want you can go independent instead… :yeshrug: