Ace Ventura was the first comedy that had me :dead:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I mean lol it is. You can still like the movie tho. shyt wasn’t a big deal in 94. Now? It definitely is. One reason not to compare movies of yesterday to today because times change and society changes.

Still love the movie but I can acknowledge its issues.
He addressed the controversy back in 1994 :ohhh::

It's Zany and Aces With Fans : Movies: 'Ace Ventura' with Jim Carrey has taken in $24.6 million, and is still going strong.

Carrey was involved in rewriting the script, and was allowed a great deal of room to improvise on set. He says he frequently pursued comedic tangents that he knew would not appeal to everyone’s tastes. “I wanted to keep the action unreal and over the top. When it came time to do my reaction to kissing a man, I wanted it to be the biggest, most obnoxious, homophobic reaction ever recorded. It’s so ridiculous it can’t be taken seriously--even though it guarantees that somebody’s going to be offended.”

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I mean lol it is. You can still like the movie tho. shyt wasn’t a big deal in 94. Now? It definitely is. One reason not to compare movies of yesterday to today because times change and society changes.

Still love the movie but I can acknowledge its issues.
You gotta realize, these people take these roles serious, even when they are comedies... I can imagine her thinking she's second lead in a film, reads the script, ok this is funny, I can pull this off, I'm gonna be a star!!!

Then in comes unknown (on that level) Jim Carey, not only changing shyt, but ad libbing in talking out his a$$hole and other wild shyt. Then imagine after all that, it's probably the most known and successful movie you've ever been in

Oh I know she was mad as hell

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Just watched on Netflix after 20+ years,

Still hilarious :russ:

I brought the VHS to summer camp when i was a youngin, i remember the counselers shut the movie off after the Courtney Cox sex scene :mjlol:
I'm surprised they didn't shut it off after the blowjob scene but I guess you can leave enough to the imagination that something else may be going on there.

"EVERYONE IS REAL FRIENDLY AROUND HERE! WOOOOOOAH! :damn:"

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Haven't watched this in years. Was great when it first dropped but hasn't aged as great as some of his other flicks. Still has some classic quotables I still use.

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
I saw breh wearing the Ave Ventura Ewings in a Liquor Store
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F04%2Fewing-athletics-33-hi-mache-275-ace-ventura-sneaker-release-information-0.jpg

Gotta cop these