According to Mat Piscatella (NPD/Circana) Gaming Subscriptions have stalled

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Seems like the post-hype from the pandemic is hitting subscription gaming harder than ever. Full priced games are making bank though.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
this...this....cant be?

gamepass gamepass gamepass

BBG

2014-2024
Daps

I've been shytting on Xbox for over a month straight now but even I gotta say come on breh with this post. If this dude truly believes that this could be the future in 10 years, and Microsoft has the assets and resources to sustain growth in their other products in the meantime while taking a loss on gaming as they've been doing this whole time, how is it a dumb idea? Certainly a gamble but one worth taking when you're dead last year after year, EVERY YEAR anyway.

They've had PLENTY of dumbass ideas which has made me ready to jump ship(off the console, not Microsoft or even the XBOX brand itself:ufdup:). Being one of the first in the gaming industry to utilize the cloud is not one of them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've been shytting on Xbox for over a month straight now but even I gotta say come on breh with this post. If this dude truly believes that this could be the future in 10 years, and Microsoft has the assets and resources to sustain growth in their other products in the meantime while taking a loss on gaming as they've been doing this whole time, how is it a dumb idea? Certainly a gamble but one worth taking when you're dead last year after year, EVERY YEAR anyway.

They've had PLENTY of dumbass ideas which has made me ready to jump ship(off the console, not Microsoft or even the XBOX brand itself:ufdup:). Being one of the first (if not THE first) in the gaming industry to utilize the cloud is not one of them.

I just don’t think most people want access to 1000 games tbh. Thats the short and sweet of it. Gaming just doesn’t have the retention of music and video, and the ones that do are all F2P. I think its a flawed idea.

Hardcore gamers are gonna want to own games, or they’re gonna continue buying the big AAA stuff separately (hogwarts, Star Wars, street fighter, diablo, resident evil, etc.) and casual players just don’t care.

I stay trying to put my friends up on the free stuff that releases monthly and they just don’t care and i don’t really care either.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I just don’t think most people want access to 1000 games tbh. Thats the short and sweet of it. Gaming just doesn’t have the retention of music and video, and the ones that do are all F2P. I think its a flawed idea.

Hardcore gamers are gonna want to own games, or they’re gonna continue buying the big AAA stuff separately (hogwarts, Star Wars, street fighter, diablo, resident evil, etc.) and casual players just don’t care.
This just isn't true though. Factually speaking, the growth of gamepass every single year is calling you a flat out lie. nikkas was shook until finally the first year a report comes out where gamepass growth was slowing and all of a sudden it's "SEE LOOK NOBODY WANTS THAT shyt" :childplease: fact is there is enough people out there that DO want the service to make it profitable. Your analogy with music and movies is ironically the exact same situation. Not everybody pays for streaming, there's many that still like to own and that's perfectly fine. Doesn't mean Hulu isn't profitable.

To your next point, nikka who are you to decide what a "hardcore" gamer is? :why: I'm pretty confident I'd shyt on you and whoever else spends thousands on games every year while I cop months/years late and still lap you on the skill curve, respectfully.

You know what man, you've inspired me. I'm about to turn BBG into a serious movement, cuz this shyt is getting out of hand. Y'all might not see me as active as usual because this is going to take a lot of work but I know damn well I can get nikkas to rep the set if done properly.

Stay tuned.