Above the Rim is one of the most under-appreciated movies of the last 25 years

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
What always kills me is Tommy is so soft spoken until he plays Kyle and then he's Mr Get Loud Get Bad over a game of boomps

Damn shame what happened to Flip
:mjcry:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved this movie, first saw it as a young kid on TBS/TNT/BET something like that, and watched it many times over the years, it epitomizes the 90's "hood" movie time in all the best ways, excellent direction and script, and casting, costumes, soundtrack, that really captures the moment, because it WAS the moment in the game. Before Pac died, before the Next Friday shift in hood comedies, and the end of that kind of cinema post 2002.

Also, the movie just captures NYC perfectly, in a way that movies don't anymore. Of course the script has holes and cliches, but it's an emotionally resonant gritty movies with a lot of heart and style.

true story is I went to a hood ass middle school, and then a high school that was a little less so, and due to watching Above The Rim and ballin' on the school courts, thought I would go to high school and be a Kyle Watson type star LOL because of where I was coming from

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
i haven't watched it from start to finish in years, but this was one of my favorite movies years ago