"Abbott Elementary" TV comedy about a Philly public school

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Halloween episode was FIRE.

I know its fiction but ain’t no WAY Greg is turning down that fine ass Saweetie lookin chick for Janine. Its NOT happening

Just now realizing that wasn’t actually saweetie. i was thinking damn, she really gettin the bag. :mjlol:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's moreso of being a new male teacher amongst a predominantly female staff. Those in his age bracket gonna flock.
Yup.

In 5th - 7th grade I had a black teacher, started at like 24-25. Cool as hell, he'd talk about sports, music and for the majority of us, was the first black male teacher we ever had. The same year his stepfather started as the 8th grade/math teacher but he was in his 60s.

Dude was a social studies teacher and he had us do a report on a black history figure, every week, a lot on the less heralded figures. Dude was great, maybe my favorite teacher.

Ran into him maybe in like 2014, I'm 27 by that point, we're catching up and I mention something about some of the bad teachers/aides that were at the school. He hit me with the :mjlit:saying he ran through so many while there.

Think about it, there were only 2 black men that worked at the school, him in his mid 20's and the guy in his 60s married to his wife.

So for every other woman, aged 20-70, he was the only eligible option. We a few bad teachers/aides that came through there, and for them, they knew he had a job, somewhat had his shyt together and if you could hold a conversation, could make them laugh:ehh: Same with the moms. Just being the lone young black dude, he was going to get attention, but when it's a guy that your kid likes because he's cool, teaching them some important stuff, that's going to bring them in more.

Someone like Greg would definitely have a chance to eat.

Last edited: