AADOS 400 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

The M.I.C.

The King In The West đź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
How can people ignore the bible when it constantly drops gems like this?

Explain this please. Where did you see 1000 years at?

Was the Angel of the Presence talking about the Hebrews coming out of Mizraim (Egypt) or here?

He's talking about the 1000 years in which Lucifer is locked away during the reign of Yahshuah. Obviously, he's not aware of the times.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Dv3KoZjUcAE0DiZ

Dv3jB6sWsAM5UXM

Dv3m8TVWsAcg6-5

Dv3jB6tWoAAZz-g

These look tough asf too, especially the first one :ehh:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
What does this mean?
Want to see this as positive gesture, but needless to say with this congress headed by Trump my skepticism is warranted!:aicmon:
I read through it. From what I can gather, it is to be another unfunded initiative (like My Brothers' Keeper, dependent on 'public- private partnerships', ie, charity) with the intent of affirming AA history and struggle. Stamps, psa's, that kinda shyt. I'm not mad at it, tbh. We could use some good pr and reminding ppl who we are, and how deep our lineage goes, can't hurt. :ld:

The most important part, imo, is the 15 committee members. Why can't we put some candidates forward? :lupe:

(a) In General.--There is established a commission, to be known as
the ``400 Years of African-American History Commission''.
(b) Membership.--
(1) <<NOTE: Appointments.>> Composition.--The Commission
shall be composed of 15 members, of whom--
(A) three members shall be appointed by the
Secretary after considering recommendations of
Governors, including the Governor of Virginia;
(B) six members shall be appointed by the Secretary
after considering recommendations of civil rights
organizations and historical organizations;
(C) one member shall be an employee of the National
Park Service having experience relative to the
historical and cultural resources related to the
commemoration, to be appointed by the Secretary;
(D) two members shall be appointed by the Secretary
after considering the recommendations of the Secretary
of the Smithsonian Institution; and
(E) three members shall be individuals who have an
interest in, support for, and expertise appropriate to
the commemoration, appointed by the Secretary after
considering the recommendations of Members of Congress.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
I read through it. From what I can gather, it is to be another unfunded initiative (like My Brothers' Keeper, dependent on 'public- private partnerships', ie, charity) with the intent of affirming AA history and struggle. Stamps, psa's, that kinda shyt. I'm not mad at it, tbh. We could use some good pr and reminding ppl who we are, and how deep our lineage goes, can't hurt. :ld:

The most important part, imo, is the 15 committee members. Why can't we put some candidates forward? :lupe:

As I thought: mainly symbolic, thus meaningless.
But, you're correct that good pr is great! Also now that our lineage has officially been recognized by the state, this may actually yield great returns for those to would take up reparations battle.:ohhh:

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
As I thought: mainly symbolic, thus meaningless.
But, you're correct that good pr is great! Also now that our lineage is officially been recognized by the state, this may actually yield great returns for those to would take up reparations battle.:ohhh:
You get it. :youngsabo:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Before the fackin Mayflower, bytch.

mayflower-header-1.jpg

Fall in line. :ufdup:

this is a good read, turns out we were here before 1619 and actually arrived in 1526
There are important historical correctives to the misplaced marker of 1619 that can help us ask better questions about the past. Most obviously, 1619 was not the first time Africans could be found in an English Atlantic colony, and it certainly wasn’t the first time people of African descent made their mark and imposed their will on the land that would someday be part of the United States. As early as May 1616, blacks from the West Indies were already at work in Bermuda providing expert knowledge about the cultivation of tobacco. There is also suggestive evidence that scores of Africans plundered from the Spanish were aboard a fleet under the command of Sir Francis Drake when he arrived at Roanoke Island in 1586. In 1526, enslaved Africans were part of a Spanish expedition to establish an outpost on the North American coast in present-day South Carolina. Those Africans launched a rebellion in November of that year and effectively destroyed the Spanish settlers’ ability to sustain the settlement, which they abandoned a year later. Nearly 100 years before Jamestown, African actors enabled American colonies to survive, and they were equally able to destroy European colonial ventures.

Read more: The Misguided Focus on 1619 as the Beginning of Slavery in the U.S. Damages Our Understanding of American History | History | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter