A24's "The Iron Claw" (Von Erich Family biopic starring Zac Efron)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

AA13QBMP.jpg

Zac Efron Bulks Up to the Extreme in A24’s Wrestling Drama ‘The Iron Claw’ First Look​

The first look at A24’s upcoming wrestling drama “The Iron Claw” has been revealed, showcasing Zac Efron’s bulked-up physique as the Golden Warrior, aka Kevin Von Erich. “The Iron Claw” is a biographical film about the wrestling dynasty that was the Von Erich family, and co-stars “The Bear” leading man Jeremy Allen White as Kerry Von Erich and “Beach Rats” actor Harris dikkinson as David Von Erich.

In the first look, Efron’s muscular build is highlighted as he is seen mid-air, stunning his opponent with a striking kick move. Efron recently attracted social media attention when on-set photos revealed his bowl-cut hairdo, matching the style and era of the real Von Erich. Though Von Erich isn’t involved much with the upcoming film, he recently gave some high praise to Efron through TMZ, telling them: “I didn’t ever look that good. He looked great though, he must be working really hard.”

Additional cast for “The Iron Claw,” which is currently in production, includes **** McCallany, Maura Tierney and Lily James. The film is directed and written by filmmaker Sean Durkin, who is best known for his 2011 film “Martha Marcy May Marlene,” with Elizabeth Olsen playing the lead role. A24 and Access Industries are co-financing the film with producers for A24 including Tessa Ross, Derrin Schlesinger and Harrison Huffman. The film was developed by House Productions with support from Access Entertainment and BBC Films.

“The Iron Claw” is tentatively set for a 2023 theatrical release.

----
I'd throw this in the bushes, but A24 always releases the heat so I have faith that they know what they're doing. I'll definitely see it when it drops in theaters. It'll be an emotional watch though. I always think of that quote Kevin once said:

"I used to have 5 brothers...Now I'm not even a brother."

:mjcry:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
MJF going to Hollywood already :wow:
That’s what he was working on when he had that summer break. At least that’s what the streets said.

He’s going to be playing one of the Von Erich family members so have to think this isn’t a minor role by any means.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
A24 right now is probably one of the best production companies in the game, always quality.

I don't doubt this will be a good movie.
They had some real clunkers when they first started out because they had to take some chances but damn near everything is good stuff these days. If a movie is A24, it's instantly going on my watch list even if the concept sounds like something I wouldn't like. I just have that much confidence in them. They just don't miss (or it's extremely rare).