a wrongfully convicted Black man in Oklahoma, Glynn Ray Simmons, awarded $7 million after being exonerated. HE SPENT 50 YEARS IN PRISON.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
The older I get, I understand why my mom was scared for my whenever I went out.

I used to think she was over reacting as a kid but damn stories like this really hit as an adult.

I remember when I was dealing with a court case 10 years ago (soft weed charges), the case after mine involved 3 black boys that had to be under 21. They were facing charges for the rape of a minor who was a mentally disabled white girl.

Apparently her older sister invited them over to "chill", from what I remember there was sex involved with 2 of the guys and the older sister and someone sometime had went into the room where the disabled girl was in and raped her.

Idk how the sister or parents found out, but the 3rd guy was claiming his innocence and saying he just went along to chill and was downstairs the whole time, and has no idea of what happened upstairs.

Knowing how the justice system is guilty or not, we know these boys didn't stand a chance to a fair trial. Once that white judge seen these young black boys and what they were on trial for, the case was wrapped up.