"A wife follows her husband's LEAD. A husband follows his wife's NEED."

InDePickWest

Im Not American
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Natural way of order. Most women don't care to lead, its the men who are control freaks. Let him have his leadership role as long as my needs getting met, you can lead all you want, sucka ...I mean, baby.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Not married. Her happiness matters, but so does mine. Maybe a better saying is "Happy spouse, happy house" :ld:

I'm just trying to make sure both genders are treated equally :sas1:

Peace

I swear you men are the biggest crybabies on earth, I literally guess this response every time. "what about me :sadbron: the saying doesn't include me" relax no one is forgetting about you, the only reason why they say wife is because it rhymes, it applies to both. Now stop crying.

funny how you guys never have a problem when people say women should cater their husbands, you never ask "what about the wife". I guess you only want it equal when you think something is "unfair" to you.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
I swear you men are the biggest crybabies on earth, I literally guess this response every time. "what about me :sadbron: the saying doesn't include me" relax no one is forgetting about you, the only reason why they say wife is because it rhymes, it applies to both. Now stop crying.

funny how you guys never have a problem when people say women should cater their husbands, you never ask "what about the wife". I guess you only want it equal when you think something is "unfair" to you.

But that saying doesn't apply to both.

What's your issue with "happy spouse happy house".

Sounds fair then you came back with :whoa:

"It rhymes"

:pachaha::camby:

Daps
Not married. Her happiness matters, but so does mine. Maybe a better saying is "Happy spouse, happy house" :ld:

I'm just trying to make sure both genders are treated equally :sas1:

Peace

Nah, it doesn't work that way. And I think it has a lot to do with the differences in the ways that men and women love and the roles we play in the relationship.

Most women tend to be nurturers. If we love you, we will make sure that you are taken care of, sometimes even to our own detriment. Men typically aren't like that. Plus, a man's role (if you are traditional) is to protect and provide. Therefore, that means putting the family above himself.

If a man focuses on making sure his wife is happy and cared for, it will come back to him tenfold.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Nah, it doesn't work that way. And I think it has a lot to do with the differences in the ways that men and women love and the roles we play in the relationship.

Most women tend to be nurturers. If we love you, we will make sure that you are taken care of, sometimes even to our own detriment. Men typically aren't like that. Plus, a man's role (if you are traditional) is to protect and provide. Therefore, that means putting the family above himself.

If a man focuses on making sure his wife is happy and cared for, it will come back to him tenfold.

Maybe so, but I believe there's a self-indulgence to that kind of thought. Also, I don't think that what you mentioned is limited to women. Men can and do sometimes love to their own detriment....usually under the guise of "provide and protect." Many men live in anguish and die trying to be a man. I don't know too many women that are depressed due to guilt of not being able to make their man's favorite pie.

But many men die slow due to guilt over not being able to "provide and protect" at the level they feel they should.

Peace

Ashley Banks

Daps
But that saying doesn't apply to both.

What's your issue with "happy spouse happy house".

Sounds fair then you came back with :whoa:

"It rhymes"

:pachaha::camby:
God you dudes are annoying as fukk.

First off, did I say I had a problem with his little "men included" revision? I said it was a typical crybaby male response when they see that saying, they don't like it because they can't stand a piece of marriage advice that might tell them to put their wives first. and that IS why the saying uses wife, you know because wife rhymes with life. Just because you want to turn something into something bigger doesn't mean it isn't true.
and nowhere in that response did I come back with :whoa: so don't even.

Now, how about you :camby:, this is the salon after all and I'm 100% sure the op was asking US what WE thought and my response was to a WOMAN.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
God you dudes are annoying as fukk.

First off, did I say I had a problem with his little "men included" revision? I said it was a typical crybaby male response when they see that saying, they don't like it because they can't stand a piece of marriage advice that might tell them to put their wives first. and that IS why the saying uses wife, you know because wife rhymes with life. Just because you want to turn something into something bigger doesn't mean it isn't true.
and nowhere in that response did I come back with :whoa: so don't even.

Now, how about you :camby:, this is the salon after all and I'm 100% sure the op was asking US what WE thought and my response was to a WOMAN.
Calm down.

Ashley Banks

Daps
Calm down.

breh, everytime this saying is mentioned men say the same thing "it's one sided" (even though it isn't) when soooo much marriage is one sided putting all the weight on the female. I get told all the time to make my husband happy and I never say "but but but my happiness :mjcry:" For some reason a lot of men think saying "make your wife happy" = unfair.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
breh, everytime this saying is mentioned men say the same thing "it's one sided" (even though it isn't) when soooo much marriage is one sided putting all the weight on the female. I get told all the time to make my husband happy and I never say "but but but my happiness :mjcry:" For some reason a lot of men think saying "make your wife happy" = unfair.
I blame feminist.