A Tax Code Optimized for White Wealth Leaves Black Americans Behind; Dorothy Brown ex-republican

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i need to read her book but from that article she proves that there is a class bias not a race one. she even said herself that the irs does not record race data and her evidence is more class and socio economic based.

for example Black married people being dissadvantaged in the tax system by design early on because most house holds had dual earners not single incomes that got taxed at a lesser rate. she's suggesting they set out to tax married couples at a higher rate to target Black households specifically. this policy might have been effective 40 years ago but present day it would dissadvantage anyone in that situation in those same tax brackets.

i'm open to being wrong but she didn't really prove what she said. don't attack me, this is a discussion.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get the gist of what she is saying, and it certainly is true; but she did not list any incentive for the wealthy white people who control the fed, the irs, the treasury, senate commitees and the various other agencies to do this. Morality only seems to work with whites when a black person is literally on the verge of dying due to a racist incident. It’s not a good strategy for more nuanced racism like this.

However, I do like the portion where she talks directly to black people and warns them of the tax pitfalls of our system. She is correct in the fact that you can reposition yourself in certain matters to be on the favorable side of the tax system. It’s not foolproof cause there is no way 2 working people can shift one of their incomes to the black male, like the white banker did in her example, but repositioning one’s self is a good start.

Also, I noticed something interesting here. Do y’all remember the practice the US had up until the 60s of paying men more money because they have a family? Do you think a return to this practice could alleviate the tax burden of the bottom situation I quoted ? It Might even incentivize the building of families.

The tax code essentially treats a plumber and a nurse who are paying for child care and commuting expenses with after-tax dollars the same or worse than it does a banker earning their combined salaries whose spouse stays home with the kids.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
i need to read her book but from that article she proves that there is a class bias not a race one. she even said herself that the irs does not record race data and her evidence is more class and socio economic based.

for example Black married people being dissadvantaged in the tax system by design early on because most house holds had dual earners not single incomes that got taxed at a lesser rate. she's suggesting they set out to tax married couples at a higher rate to target Black households specifically. this policy might have been effective 40 years ago but present day it would dissadvantage anyone in that situation in those same tax brackets.

i'm open to being wrong but she didn't really prove what she said. don't attack me, this is a discussion.
:russ:U must be new here

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I get the gist of what she is saying, and it certainly is true; but she did not list any incentive for the wealthy white people who control the fed, the irs, the treasury, senate commitees and the various other agencies to do this. Morality only seems to work with whites when a black person is literally on the verge of dying due to a racist incident. It’s not a good strategy for more nuanced racism like this.

However, I do like the portion where she talks directly to black people and warns them of the tax pitfalls of our system. She is correct in the fact that you can reposition yourself in certain matters to be on the favorable side of the tax system. It’s not foolproof cause there is no way 2 working people can shift one of their incomes to the black male, like the white banker did in her example, but repositioning one’s self is a good start.

Also, I noticed something interesting here. Do y’all remember the practice the US had up until the 60s of paying men more money because they have a family? Do you think a return to this practice could alleviate the tax burden of the bottom situation I quoted ? It Might even incentivize the building of families.
not with the way marriage is trending. :francis:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:gucci: This is straight-up racebaiting seeing as how rich & wealthy blacks eat good off the tax code too.

Theres no such thing as rich black people. Its a literal statistical minority.