A Quiet Exodus: Why Black Worshipers Are Leaving White Evangelical Churches

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Need cliffs.

I don’t know how you got to work with cacs 5-6 days a week and follow it up with cacs in church.

On the weekends I’m rarely in cac dominated closed spaces. The gym and shyt don’t count.

I’ve been to hillsing a few times because it in the middle of me and my ex location. And we both rather Treck the extra miles to our own black churches now.

I find church in general refuses to speak the real and it’s frustrating.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Looking at Jesus and his life, along with the initial disciples, they were all about as far removed from politics as one could get. These white churches today are more in harmony with Constantine than Christ.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Tamice Namae Spencer, who used to attend a mostly white church in Kansas City, said her fellow congregants did not seem to even know the name Trayvon Martin, the black teenager killed in Florida at the hands of George Zimmerman in 2012. And when Ms. Spencer brought up his death, she said white church members asked why she was being divisive.

“It’s not even on your radar and I can’t sleep over it,” she remembered thinking. “And now that I’m being vocal, you think I’ve changed.”
full