A Mortgage is like the bank raping you

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Your friend got some shytty ass credit :smh:

that payment doesnt reflect shytty credit. when u own a crib u gotta factor in the other cost on ur mortgage. u might be paying mortgage insurance, you might be paying home insurance. and hell, you might be escrowing your property taxes as well. all those other things quickly make your mortgage be much more than simply the principle plus the interest.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that payment doesnt reflect shytty credit. when u own a crib u gotta factor in the other cost on ur mortgage. u might be paying mortgage insurance, you might be paying home insurance. and hell, you might be escrowing your property taxes as well. all those other things quickly make your mortgage be much more than simply the principle plus the interest.

And dont forget you may have paid POINTS on your mortgage that does nothing but pad the lenders pockets. I paid 2 during my refi and I wrote it off the next filing year

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the whole tax credit on mortgage interest is something i don't get. if you're in a 25% bracket you basically have to pay a dollar to save 25 cents. no tax break and you'd just pay the 25 cents and keep the 75 cents. i guess you still do slightly lower your interest rate but you still pay a dollar to save 25 cents.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the whole tax credit on mortgage interest is something i don't get. if you're in a 25% bracket you basically have to pay a dollar to save 25 cents. no tax break and you'd just pay the 25 cents and keep the 75 cents. i guess you still do slightly lower your interest rate but you still pay a dollar to save 25 cents.

But what do people who are renting get back?:ehh:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Capitalism is like society raping you.(if you werent born rich)

i surprised people don't acknowledge this. i'll admit, it's hard to design a system that actually tries to balance things but what i find more despicable is the acceptance of such a flawed system simply because it promotes the fact that we can all be equal...

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i surprised people don't acknowledge this. i'll admit, it's hard to design a system that actually tries to balance things but what i find more despicable is the acceptance of such a flawed system simply because it promotes the fact that we can all be equal...

Yes, a system that has increased life expectancy and reduced infant mortality rates dramatically all over the world is entirely despicable.

:beli:

Read a book, fella.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Yes, a system that has increased life expectancy and reduced infant mortality rates dramatically all over the world is entirely despicable.

:beli:

Read a book, fella.

is that all? you're going to pick only two things to defend it? please pick more so i can tear those apart as well...

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is that all? you're going to pick only two things to defend it? please pick more so i can tear those apart as well...

Well you didn't even tear the examples I gave apart. Why don't you start with those?

For what it's worth life expectancy and infant mortality are widely accepted indicators of quality of life.

Go for it, brah! :krs:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Well you didn't even tear the examples I gave apart. Why don't you start with those?

For what it's worth life expectancy and infant mortality are widely accepted indicators of quality of life.

Go for it, brah! :krs:

capitalism is not responsible for changes in life expectancy nor changes in infant mortality rates. those are medical and technological advances that happen in other economic systems. and further, they don't indicate much on quality of life as much as they indicate further duration of life...

TBD

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always better than renting your entire life and making someone else rich.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
I never understood how people could say the own a house and yet if u miss a month of mortgage payment or property tax u get kicked out. Unless u got that house paid for u don't own anything