A long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away....everyone was somehow from the United Kingdom on Earth

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Just hollywood isms. Im watching Jack Ryan Season 3 and in a flashback in Russia, Russian military commanders giving orders in english to other Russians.

Don't get me wrong the show is aiiight and im watching of the strength of Bunk da gawd. But its :shaq2: when they do stuff like that.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Andor must be filmed in the UK. Hence why the majority of across are British.

The original trilogy was filmed in Pinewood Studios, England. I won't be surprised if that's where Andor is shot.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
So I'm watching Andor for the first time and low and behold, like 75% of the characters, race aside, have British accents.

You have ABSOLUTE CARTE BLANCHE TO DO ANYTHING. But star wars (they are by no means the only culprit) some how has another show with everyone with European accents (MAYBE the rare Spanish accent).

They have back to back new introduced protagonists (the force awakens and rouge 1) that were women with British accents.

.if you hear another accent or voice than the 10% American accent characters, it is a novelty. Like, an outsider or some tradesman in a dirty shop.

This has slowly turned me off of the star wars universe tbh. Planets upon planets, we get more and more euro voices even as droids, hill people, etc.

I can't be alone in noticing and being annoyed by this.
Breh… some people don’t even notice that shyt. I was conversing with a broad about game of thrones, and I was like “why everybody got a British accent” broad looked at me like I was insanity.

But I’m Star Wars it’s downright goofy for everyone to have British accents

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Just hollywood isms. Im watching Jack Ryan Season 3 and in a flashback in Russia, Russian military commanders giving orders in english to other Russians.

Don't get me wrong the show is aiiight and im watching of the strength of Bunk da gawd. But its :shaq2: when they do stuff like that.
Black Adam is funny as shyt to me BECAUSE the rock posed to be from ancient ass Egypt, just waking up in modern times and talks just like some regular ass American :dead:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
The Expanse was the only show that got this right.
beltalowda-expanse.gif

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This. There was a news story about it. Do you remember all those 60s and 50s movies like Hercules and Ben Hur?

Well all those actors I guess were formally trained so it almost sounds like they’re speaking with a British accent. Somehow Hollywood went from using formally trained theater actors with that I think it’s called the New England school of acting (like James Earl Jones), those stage actor voices to using actual British actors or having actors faking British accents.
Kinda like that Cosby episode when they studied Shakespeare. Roscoe Lee Brown and Christopher Plummer were in that episode, both classically trained but neither one was English.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
One would think they would take different dialects and accents of English and have them infused into Star Wars so everyone don’t sound the same.. Even put different ancient languages in there to give it some authenticity.. Sort of like ancient Egyptian .. when spoken it literally sounds like an extraterrestrial language