A concerned Geoff Keighley ask...

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I get why people are concern. But IMO there are two types of gamers. 1) A gamer that likes to play variety of games and 2) a gamer that only plays what they’re use too. Most people I’ve met in my personal life are the later……I.E “I only play COD and 2K” type gamers. Microsoft still has to be a platform that produces different genre games. And I’m not saying Microsoft is trash, all I’m saying is there is still room for competition.

And I’m sorry, you can’t be like COD fell off and OMG Microsoft is cheating by buying COD. Sony should produce a shooter that gamers like:yeshrug:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Let’s also remember that the difficulty in breaking into the console space is damn near impossible, Apple, Amazon, Facebook etc. don’t have the luxury of having a dedicated, familiar box to sell.
These companies already have gaming devices in this space and they're doing just fine.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Last I knew Apple made more in gaming than anyone in the console space and doesn't want to enter that space. Nor does Facebook, or Amazon.

You speak of exclusives like that's not already happening. This move is good for the console space. Sony's dominance in it over Microsoft's was too lopsided and moves like that instantly make Microsoft more competitive. When these companies compete against each other we all win as consumers as they try harder to win our business.

I agree this move definitely makes Xbox more competitive, but at what cost?
The point I was making about Apple and the rest is that I think they have less leeway to lock these titles behind their own service/box.
1. Because they’re not within the console space.
2. Because gamers aren’t gonna follow certain titles to whatever service etc. they’ll push.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
"good for gaming" is a complex idea

lately Activision really hasn't been on a very 'innovative' course, and they've had a lot of recent bad press. I think they're in need of restructuring and rebranding

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This might be the dumbest post today. In a sea of horrible posts today none the less. This might take the crown.

He’s right

According to the announcement, this deal will make Microsoft the third-largest gaming company in terms of revenue, behind Tencent and Sony. At $68.7 billion, the purchase is one of the largest in the history of the tech industry, and Microsoft’s largest acquisition to date, eclipsing purchase of LinkedIn for $26 billion in 2016.

Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The iPhone is Apple's gaming device. To a lesser extent the iPad is too.

Breh. The iPhone/iPad will never be looked at as a gaming device. If Apple bought Activision, and attempted to make CoD exclusive to the iPhone, they’d quickly bring it back to actual dedicated consoles.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Breh. The iPhone/iPad will never be looked at as a gaming device. If Apple bought Activision, and attempted to make CoD exclusive to the iPhone, they’d quickly bring it back to actual dedicated consoles.
Maybe you don't look at it as a gaming device but it is. That's not all it is but that's part of it and the iPhone as a gaming platform generates insane revenue on the App store.

Mobile gaming is like 50% of the entire gaming market and console gaming is more like 30%. Apple is in the more lucrative business.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area