A Certified Hood Classic Album just turned 30 this month

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
81bJqjs3hrL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I remember listening to this for the first time as a Joey and was blown away. On the real, this album was legit ahead of its time as it blended electronic type of sounds (which would later influence the trap and drill sounds nowaday) and rock together to make this beautiful noise of perfection. Low key, the hood rocked with NIN, Soundgarden, Hole, and etc but wanna keep it on the low because "Y YulE LiZen 2 Dat WhITe BoWl MOOzic"

This album was like a long ass rock theme version of Suicidal Thoughts by Biggie.

Salute :wow:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I love rock but not this type of rock. Never got into that hardcore demonic type of rock.

Industrial Rock is eh....hit-and-miss, but NIN had a unique twang to their style. Trent was a monster on the boards to the point, he did the sounds for the game Quake. TDS is one of those albums you got to play once a blue moon as it's heavy as all hell :whoa: , but if you been down that road...it hits different.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Industrial Rock is eh....hit-and-miss, but NIN had a unique twang to their style. Trent was a monster on the boards to the point, he did the sounds for the game Quake. TDS is one of those albums you got to play once a blue moon as it's heavy as all hell :whoa: , but if you been down that road...it hits different.

Nah I was too immersed in church to risk it. Same reason I don’t listen to Classic Rock.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Definitely

And for me Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, AC/DC etc

But to a non rock listener they think all rock is the same

No different from folks thinking hip hop is all the same, when in reality its all different subgenres within the genre. With rock its basically:

• Heavy
  • Soft
  • Classic
  • Industrial
  • Space
  • Death (I wouldn't touch with a 30 foot branch)
  • Alternative
  • Psychedelic
  • Progressive
  • Hardcore
You name it :manny:

But yeah like Iron Maiden and em I was meh about. I only had one Black Sabbath album which was "Paranoid", since it had Ironman on that jawn :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
“While I was working on Downward Spiral, I was living in the house where Sharon Tate was killed. Then one day I met her sister. It was a random thing, just a brief encounter. And she said: "Are you exploiting my sister's death by living in her house?" For the first time the whole thing kind of slapped me in the face. I said, "No, it's just sort of my own interest in American folklore. I'm in this place where a weird part of history occurred." I guess it never really struck me before, but it did then. She lost her sister from a senseless, ignorant situation that I don't want to support. When she was talking to me, I realized for the first time, "What if it was my sister?" I thought, "fukk Charlie Manson. I don't want to be looked at as a guy who supports serial-killer bullshyt." I went home and cried that night. It made me see there's another side to things, you know? It's one thing to go around with your dikk swinging in the wind, acting like it doesn't matter. But when you understand the repercussions that are felt ... that's what sobered me up: realizing that what balances out the appeal of the lawlessness and the lack of morality and that whole thing is the other end of it, the victims who don't deserve that”