A black woman will be the next NYPD commissioner

Geode

All Star
Daps
All the candidates are black women?? Meh... this seems like a stunt.

This probably isn't gonna work out the way people want it to...:francis:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

I wonder why she's resigning, crime has actually went down in NYC.

If I had to guess, there are plans to address public safety issues using methods that she wouldn't sign off on.
Having been Commish of NYPD, and done a decent job, I imagine that she can have ANY law enforcement(or related) job in the country. Something cushy with no pressure, I'd imagine.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Update

New York City police commissioner, first woman to lead department, resigns after 18 months​

She also faced speculation that she was not truly in control of the department, fueled in part by Adams’ decision to appoint a former NYPD chief and key ally, Phillip Banks, as a deputy mayor of public safety. Banks has been holding weekly public briefings on crime, often without Sewell in attendance.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Update

New York City police commissioner, first woman to lead department, resigns after 18 months​

She also faced speculation that she was not truly in control of the department, fueled in part by Adams’ decision to appoint a former NYPD chief and key ally, Phillip Banks, as a deputy mayor of public safety. Banks has been holding weekly public briefings on crime, often without Sewell in attendance.

Ok,thanks.

on a less serious note.......Philip Banks LIVES!

ThatSh1017AK-JamesAvery.jpg

Last edited: