'A Black Lady Sketch Show' Official Thread

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Watched 2 eps. I'm gonna stick with it as long as I can. Key and Peele didn't land until the second season, iirc.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This was first episode to me that fell entirely flat, the this is the end skit has ran its course, leave it alone if you are not going to introduce other characters

The satchel page skit was definitely missing a fastball, now the bourgyness and the preachyness starting to show

Don't even get me started on the romeo and Juliet skit

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i finally watched an episode last night. it has little moments - i thought the discussion about music while playing uno was cute, the thrist trap in the groupie sketch was clever, the romeo and juliet has some potential, but ultimately, they need some serious help from some experienced writers

one positive is quinta brunson is naturally great at this stuff.

Last edited:

daemonova

Daps
If you didn't see church open mic, its the third skit

Video messed up for obvious reasons

daemonova

Daps
The Herman's head (or crystal's head) skit, the only funny one from last week is at the end, it behind the patti labell skit

Video and audio messed up for obvious reasons

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Lmfao @ thinking women are funny

the thing is, comedy is directy tied to tragedy/pathos. The best comedians like a Pryor, Chappelle, Louis CK, Carlin can tap into that. Women are often too shallow and vain to tap into that energy so you just get p*ssy jokes and general goofy shyt.

thats why even the best male comedians like robin williams and richrd pryor can have confidence issues while female comedians half as funny as them think they are god's gift

daemonova

Daps
the thing is, comedy is directy tied to tragedy/pathos. The best comedians like a Pryor, Chappelle, Louis CK, Carlin can tap into that. Women are often too shallow and vain to tap into that energy so you just get p*ssy jokes and general goofy shyt.

thats why even the best male comedians like robin williams and richrd pryor can have confidence issues while female comedians half as funny as them think they are god's gift
Don't be mad, ho. Get a bag, ho

‘A Black Lady Sketch Show’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Just because you look funny doesn't mean you're actually funny :unimpressed:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

That first 'come from the other room to hand me the remote' triggered the shyt out of me. :mjlol:

The running gag of them being the centre of attention because everyone else on Earth is dead is pretty funny to me:lolbron:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did this get better? How many episodes is it now?