90s r&b - what are five albums people should have in their collection??

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wanna post some shyt that hasnt been posted so.

220px-Monica-miss-thang.jpg

220px-It%27s_About_Time_%28SWV_album%29.jpeg

220px-Usher-raymond-album-1994.jpg

220px-Nehomeagain.jpg

220px-Immaturewgi.jpg

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Nope. I really had to just pull that album up on Wikipedia to see the tracks. That’s how forgettable that shyt was/is to me. I remember some of the songs now that I’ve seen them. :mjlol:

That album is nowhere close to OIAM. Not even a little. Aaliyah is on a completely different stratosphere. OIAM is iconic. Single handedly changed R&B in the late 90s.

What’s so great about Enter The Dru? It didn’t do nothing but produce four suspect nikkas whose sexuality we still questioning like 20 years later :russ:
Aaliyah was never in a different stratosphere than Dru Hill. Dru Hill was the best R&B group in the game for a few years. Aaliyah was never the top R&B chick:mjlol:

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
Aaliyah was never in a different stratosphere than Dru Hill. Dru Hill was the best R&B group in the game for a few years. Aaliyah was never the top R&B chick:mjlol:

Aaliyah may not have been the #1 chick BUT she was definitely a heavyweight.

You still disagree?

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
Mariah, Janet, Whit were in their own league. Mary J, Toni, Aaliyah was right below them in the second tier.

I think Mary was probably the most consistent, even moreso than Mariah. Mary’s catalog is better than hers. I’d put Mariah #2, though, if I’m being objective and not blinded by the Stan in me.

Aaliyah was most definitely in that top echelon of heavyweights, though. One In A Million went double platinum in just a year’s and Are You That Somebody was massive. Aaliyah just didn’t have the consistency of music being released because she took a break after OIAM.

1. Mary
2. Mariah
3. Aaliyah