• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Both beats are bonkers

@901Cory10 The track really has a lot in it melody wise so much so that it can be overbearing at times. your melodic game and drum sequencers are one of the more developed on here. In this showcase that worked against you, because you through everything including the kitchen sink in the beat. I feel that there was no space to breath, for a battle track I can understand but even battle tracks pick there spots to be simple so that when it does get chaotic it makes a bigger impact.
Melody wise though this is on another level.

@Chubbs I can definitely hear Youngboy Never Broke Again on this. The melody is catchy and there's space there. For a showcase this works. The most difficult time I had on this board was coming back after all of these years and not using battle beats but instead just sticking to showcase beats that you displayed.

My vote is going to chubbs on this one.

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
i was feeling chubbs' beat. cool vibe. sonically, nice. definitely could hear someone flowing over it. i typically like your darker shyt though.

cory's was crazy. i gotta give it him. as a straight up instrumental, it's an easy choice.

that said, @901Cory10, even as an instrumental there's still so much shyt going on during some parts that it's overwhelming. i notice that in a lot of your beats. try some restraint. take a sound or two out. or at least arrange it differently so you don't have 5 different things hitting at once. you have a lot of cool parts/sounds in your beats...so give them a little space to show off instead of cramming them all together.

just my opinion. :yeshrug:
i battle this everytime i make a beat...ppl say simpler is better i figure i can carve out a niche sound lol it would sound better better if i actually arranged or mixed my beats lol