9 million estimated players have played God of War PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's always this narrative that SP games are largely forgettable and most players don't finish it because it's not like MP where you can keep coming back but that's just bullshyt anecdotes most of the time quite frankly.

God of War has had an impressive 500,000 Platinum trophies achieved by players.
Santa Monica Studio has indirectly revealed that around 9,1 million users have played God of War by sharing the (impressive) number of Platinum Trophies unlocked in a new infographic. The original link seems to be dead right now, but the infographic can be seen here. As it was quickly calculated in this thread by using the % of people who obtained the Platinum Trophy (this data is disclosed for every game), we can estimate God of War has seen around 9,134,074 players in 4 months.

As a reminder, God of War sold 5 million units in 1 month. There was no official sales update since from Sony, but it's safe to say it's probably close to 8 million (we have to subtract things like used copies or sharing). And if you want a comparison using players units, we know Gran Turismo Sport crossed 5 millions players in 9 months.

For the first half of 2018, God of War is the second best selling game of year in the US according to NPD. It was also on the top 3 in every major european countries during the same period, alongside FIFA 18 and Far Cry 5.

Game came out in April and I still see people playing it. My boy platt'd the game and he's playing it over on NG+ again. I just beat it myself and I still got loads to do. It's really a testament despite the dumb rhetoric that insist that all games must be some GAAS online only bullshyt to be successful.

RoidJonesJr

Superstar
Daps
gow_infographic_aug2018.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Breh if it is that tight just rent it from Redbox for 3 days...costs 7 bucks.

:ohhh: I don't have a redbox account... Right now I need to get back to work. no funds right now... :francis: But I will buy it when I get a chance...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:ohhh: I don't have a redbox account... Right now I need to get back to work. no funds right now... :francis: But I will buy it when I get a chance...
Breh if you don't have $7 + tax right now maybe the last thing on your mind should be the coli or god of war :francis: