[9/14/24] AEW Collision: FTR/Grizzled Young Vets, Perry/Daniels, Deeb/Sakazaki, and more!

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They need to stop putting Hologram in trios matches. This will mark his 6th tag/trios match in his last 7 AEW matches.

And is he ever going to do any character or promo work? I’ve been told he can speak English. Is he just another elite flippy guy that does nothing but be flippy?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
i dont think the problem is the roster. i think its more the lack of content of interest from one week to the next. Sure its great seeing the matches and some of the stars like BBG and Hologram and others. But they get rotated every week in different matches it seems.

With Dynamite we get various promos, a few matches, backstage segments, etc. But its different from week to week. With collision you get a bunch of trios or tag matches with different characters facing off each time in rotation, like conglomeration, UK, BBG, GoA, etc. I think the only thing they had going unique to Collision was the Deonna and Thunder Rosa feud where they had a few matches on there.

Everyone is fighting just to fight. Which is cool and all, but when you got people that most the audience is unfamiliar with or doesn't see as often, it gets discouraging. Look at all the tag teams they had in the gauntlet and that wasn't even all of them. Should be easy building up storylines or feuds with those teams. Hopefully they doing that with FTR vs GYV, and I think they might be doing something with The Righteous vs HOB. They just need some consistency on the program.

No reason why Wheeler Yuta should be facing that guy when he still got BCC stuff to resolve. Can't break away from that to face an unknown.

I kinda understand the Perry and CD thing tho he could've picked an opponent to face Perry. Like for example which who knows how this may be received but maybe Scorpio Sky since he and CD were in a group together before, like a calling an old friend. Maybe even continue with that Scorpio joining Private Party and doing a six man tag with Perry and the Bucks. Get PP back involved in the tag title picture or division that way.

They got the talent to make Collision successful, they just gotta make it so it ties in with Dynamite or just makes things interesting.

The place to put these unknown talents if they really want to showcase them on tv is Rampage, and not in every match. Maybe 1 or 2 a week. Rampage is kind of like a cool down from SD and most AEW viewers dont watch anyways so its a perfect opportunity to introduce a new unknown talent and have them get hot for at least a month before transitioning them to Collision, and then Dynamite, like The Outrunners recently have been.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They need to stop putting Hologram in trios matches. This will mark his 6th tag/trios match in his last 7 AEW matches.

And is he ever going to do any character or promo work? I’ve been told he can speak English. Is he just another elite flippy guy that does nothing but be flippy?

i think the loss of the lucha bros hurt as they could've been formidable opponents but i think he can work with anyone and not just the flippy style. not sure about his promo capabilities but he def should get more to him than just his ringwork.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
i think the loss of the lucha bros hurt as they could've been formidable opponents but i think he can work with anyone and not just the flippy style. not sure about his promo capabilities but he def should get more to him than just his ringwork.
I liked the way they introduced him. He got over with the live crowd before the first match was even over. That’s exactly what you want.

But we’re nearing two months since he debuted and we’ve literally gotten nothing but matches out of him.

At some point you got to start letting him be a complete wrestler.