[9/14/24] AEW Collision: FTR/Grizzled Young Vets, Perry/Daniels, Deeb/Sakazaki, and more!

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Live from Dayton, Ohio, not home to people eating dogs and cats, but home of Zapp (RIP Roger Troutman) and the world's first cash register, it's AEW Collision. Here is the card so far:

"Scapegoat" Jack Perry vs. Christopher Daniels

Grizzled Young Veterans vs. FTR

The Beast Mortos & Premier Athletes vs. Mark Briscoe, Kyle O'Reilly and Hologram

Bang Bang Gang vs. Cage of Agony

Wheeler Yuta vs. Anthony Henry

Yuka Sakazaki vs. Serena Deeb

Robyn Renegade vs. Queen Aminata

Private Party & Komander in Action

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Still not sold on YGV, but I’ve only seen 2-3 matches.
I really liked their performance against the Acclaimed earlier this year.

I saw them in a RevPro match back in August but can’t remember much of it beyond not coming away with a particularly decisive opinion either way on them. I was mainly watching that match for a different team.

I just know people who seem to share my tastes in wrestling speak highly of them. This should be a good showcase match for them. FTR matches rarely miss.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Full show graphics. Typical Collision card tho not a bad looking one overall. Heavy on the trios action. Don't know why Yuta having a random match but then again Collision doesn't fall in line with the same multiverse as Dynamite apparently.

Curious to see how that tag match goes and what else GYV can do to help the division. Also with Hologram recently teaming up with Conglomeration including this show, wonder if he'll be a member now. I dont remember if BBG or GOA were in the gauntlet match but if they gonna have them focus on trios stuff instead of helping the tag then so be it. I think they got enough tag teams already to do something with. Lets see how the show goes and if anything noteworthy ends up happening.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Too much talent on the roster for this BULLSHYT.

No:

MJF
Ospreay
Okada
Ricochet (who needs all the tv time he can get)
Mercedes
Swerve
Hangman
Bryan Danielson
Moxley
Etc.

WCW Shotgun Saturday night ass shyt :camby:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

No:

MJF
Ospreay
Okada
Mercedes
Swerve
Hangman
Bryan Danielson
Moxley
Etc.

Most of them only work on Dynamite. We been getting the same Collision stuff for months now. While it be cool to switch up, already know what it is when it comes to the show. Hopefully one day we can get better stuff on Collision but for now its just gonna have to be Dynamite until they build that show up. Completely different vibe on both shows.

Silkk

Daps
Most of them only work on Dynamite. We been getting the same Collision stuff for months now. While it be cool to switch up, already know what it is when it comes to the show. Hopefully one day we can get better stuff on Collision but for now its just gonna have to be Dynamite until they build that show up. Completely different vibe on both shows.
I just dont understand knowingly putting out a mid product, Especially during tv negotiations.

I hated all those years WWE treated smackdown like shyt too.

I understand Rampage being a whatever throwaway type of show but there’s zero reason to have two of those.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

No:

MJF
Ospreay
Okada
Mercedes
Swerve
Hangman
Bryan Danielson
Moxley
Etc.

MJF is allegedly taking time off to film a movie. Swerve also allegedly taking time off.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Swerve should get a few months off, MJF is whatever. Still too stacked a roster for this
Agreed. This show is booked like TK never really wanted it. Which isn't surprising. SRS said many in the company would have rather kept Dark than add Collision. But Collision would bring in money while Dark brought in nothing.

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
I just dont understand knowingly putting out a mid product, Especially during tv negotiations.

I hated all those years WWE treated smackdown like shyt too.

I understand Rampage being a whatever throwaway type of show but there’s zero reason to have two of those.

The thing is, Tony considers guys like Jungle Boy, FTR, Yuta, The Conglomeration, etc. as top tier talents worth building a show around. So here we are.

Silkk

Daps
The thing is, Tony considers guys like Jungle Boy, FTR, Yuta, The Conglomeration, etc. as top tier talents worth building a show around. So here we are.
images