8K vs. 4K vs. HD - Deep Dive

morris

Superstar
Daps
4K TVs may seem relatively new, but there's another even higher-resolution display technology already here: 8K TV. Should you upgrade? We've got the answers to that question and more.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
america sucks at the internet game, breh

they complaining about bandwidth issues. they created the internet yet they don't have the fastest connection for the average person.
pjcB68H.jpg

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
america sucks at the internet game, breh

they complaining about bandwidth issues. they created the internet yet they don't have the fastest connection for the average person.
pjcB68H.jpg

Well...we are a big fukking country with lots of low population-density areas.
:yeshrug:

Logistically it's way more difficult to get all that shyt installed across a big ass country.. All of those countries listed above us in speeds are small as fukk. Hell, Singapore is a fukking city-state.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

Logistically it's way more difficult to get all that shyt installed across a big ass country.. All of those countries listed above us in speeds are small as fukk. Hell, Singapore is a fukking city-state.
Has nothing to do with logistics, has everything to do with telecommunication monopolies

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX

Literally came in the say THIS.
All those top 10 countries are the size of a match boxes...

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
How long before 8k floods the scene?

Glad I didn't jump on the 4k wave. All these idiots gonna triple or quadruple dip on movies. :mjlol:

8k Super Ultra HD :mjgrin:
You are actually still doing it wrong.

I'm staying with 4k. This is the time I will eat so ce those 4k monitors will become way less expensive. :mjlit:

Tim:blessed:e for me to have a 4k set in every room come next Black Friday

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You are actually still doing it wrong.

I'm staying with 4k. This is the time I will eat so ce those 4k monitors will become way less expensive. :mjlit:

Tim:blessed:e for me to have a 4k set in every room come next Black Friday

I'm comfortable with regular blu ray. 4k is nice, but I knew it was just another stop in the PQ upgrade process.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Has nothing to do with logistics, has everything to do with telecommunication monopolies

Yeah because developing a high-speed network for a country 687 sq km is logistically on par with developing for a country of 9,826,675 sq km.

"Nothing to do with logistics", man stop...

:snooze:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Yeah because developing a high-speed network for a country 687 sq km is logistically on par with developing for a country of 9,826,675 sq km.

"Nothing to do with logistics", man stop...

:snooze:
It isn't logistics. Most city infrastructures already have fiber optics capabilities. Google fiber tried to come to my city and the telecommunication monopolies used the legal system to prevent them from installing their fiber and made them pull out of the city. I stayed at a cabin in Tennessee that had fiber internet. I'm not saying it's not more challenging than other countries but it's mainly because of politics.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
How long before 8k floods the scene?

Glad I didn't jump on the 4k wave. All these idiots gonna triple or quadruple dip on movies. :mjlol:

8k Super Ultra HD :mjgrin:
Wrong.

There's like no movies that could take advantage of 8K. Guardians 2 and maybe a few of the 70mm films

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
It isn't logistics. Most city infrastructures already have fiber optics capabilities. Google fiber tried to come to my city and the telecommunication monopolies used the legal system to prevent them from installing their fiber and made them pull out of the city. I stayed at a cabin in Tennessee that had fiber internet. I'm not saying it's not more challenging than other countries but it's mainly because of politics.
this, fukk at&t cox comcast and all these fakkits :pacspit:

when I moved to my college-city, the city actually cornered the Fiber market so I didn't have to worry about paying some shytty markup for high speed internet
COX came to my door talking about "We want to talk to you about switching to our high speed (air quotes) internet"

Told buddy "Nah fam this Fiber optic internet is all I need :win:"

He was like "Yeah:to: everyone has fiber round here, well if you change ya"

closed the door on em

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
8K is all upscaling. The technology for 8K physical media hasn’t even been created yet and the likelihood of being able to stream that much media consistently is a pipe dream right now stateside. 4K will be the standard for at least another 5 years, if I had to guess.