84% of Alan Wake Remastered UK boxed sales were on PS5

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Isn’t this forever going to be the norm since most Xbox gamers will simply wait for something to eventually hit game pass.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Isn’t this forever going to be the norm since most Xbox gamers will simply wait for something to eventually hit game pass.

yes, its been the trend all year. I don't even see why people push back against the idea when they openly say they will wait for it to come to gamepass.

everyone talking about, "well its the first time playstation players got to play it" ignoring the other dozens of games that have similar splits. XBox players just don't ever want to see the fact that there could potentially be a downside to the service

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you got an Xbox you probably have Game Pass and you're probably mostly digital to begin with. Also Alan Wake was an Xbox exclusive. You've likely already played it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think I speak for most other Xbox Owners here when I say you're more concerned about it coming to Game Pass than we are. If it does great, if it doesn't don't really care.

Remedy has had a falling out with Microsoft during the Control release (yes i know they're still making crossfire x) and don't really seem to concerned with that player base in general.

Remedy Hopes Alan Wake PlayStation Release Will Make New Fans

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I speak for most other Xbox Owners here when I say you're more concerned about it coming to Game Pass than we are. If it does great, if it doesn't don't really care.

that whole argument was fabricated when gizmo shot him bail

it’s a 10+ year old xbox exclusive game that’s part of the BC program and was on game pass as late as may of this year

also speaking as an xbox owner, there was no pretense regarding the remastered game coming to game pass anytime soon

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There hasn't been a single game that I didn't know of coming to Gamepass that I waited on in hopes it comes to game pass

:mjlol:

Y'all Sony stans create some crazy narratives.

At beast a game is announced months or weeks ahead of time and if I was considering buying it I don't.

But most the titles that hit gamepass 2, 3, 5 months after release if I didn't have I was never buying and therefore probably playing ever.

Imagine a company turning down free money from MS on games that already sold and or that improves the overall experience of the community:mjlol:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There hasn't been a single game that I didn't know of coming to Gamepass that I waited on in homes it comes to game pass

:mjlol:

Y'all Sony stans create some crazy narratives.

At beast a game is announced months or weeks ahead of time and if I was considering buying it I don't.

But most the titles that hit gamepass 2, 3, 5 months after release if I didn't have I was never buying and therefore probably playing ever.

Imagine a company turning down free money from MS on games that already sold and or that improves the overall experience of the community:mjlol:

nope scarlet nexus just came to gamepass after bandai namco themselves denied it was coming only to have it release 4 months later and plenty of xbox gamers going "im glad i waited"

that happens with every 3rd party release and to deny that would be a bold faced lie

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nope scarlet nexus just came to gamepass after bandai namco themselves denied it was coming only to have it release 4 months later and plenty of xbox gamers going "im glad i waited"

that happens with every 3rd party release and to deny that would be a bold faced lie

Out of those people that waited there is no way to tell who was just waiting to purchase it later anyway and who was sitting around waiting and hoping for a gamepass release.

I'm willing to be most people don't fall into the later.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

lmao no…what’s a bold-faced lie is trying to pretend the prospect of ppl waiting for the game to come to game pass is what impacted sales as opposed to PS5 simply being the more popular system coupled with this already being a 10 year xbox exclusive game

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
funny thing is this thread is the first time I remember this remaster being mentioned on this site

being #5 in a time with few new releases means it probably didn’t sell well

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Out of those people that waited there is no way to tell who was just waiting to purchase it later anyway and who was sitting around waiting and hoping for a gamepass release.

I'm willing to be most people don't fall into the later.
The numbers speak for themselves

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The numbers speak for themselves
There is no way to get numbers for that without a actually census.

A) Were you waiting to purchase the game in general

B) Were you waiting before purchasing in hopes of a gamepass release

C) Were you waiting for a gamepass release with no intentions of a purchase.

All three of those scenarios are possible.

But I can promise you A is the most common

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
that whole argument was fabricated when gizmo shot him bail

it’s a 10+ year old xbox exclusive game that’s part of the BC program and was on game pass as late as may of this year

also speaking as an xbox owner, there was no pretense regarding the remastered game coming to game pass anytime soon
Exactly but let them continue to push the narrative that gamepass = bad :mjlol: Microsoft literally just gave this game away earlier this year and have been giving it away for years now.