He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
:lupe:
Yellow Ribbon
A Spooky Wisconsin Story

retold by S.E. Schlosser

Jane wore a yellow ribbon around her neck everyday. And I mean everyday, rain or shine, whether it matched her outfit or not. It annoyed her best friend Johnny after awhile. He was her next door neighbor and had known Jane since she was three. When he was young, he had barely noticed the yellow ribbon, but now they were in high school together, it bothered him.

“Why do you wear that yellow ribbon around your neck, Jane?” he’d ask her every day. But she wouldn’t tell him.

Still, in spite of this aggravation, Johnny thought she was cute. He asked her to the soda shoppe for an ice cream sundae. Then he asked her to watch him play in the football game. Then he started seeing her home. And come the spring, he asked her to the dance. Jane always said yes when he asked her out. And she always wore a yellow dress to match the ribbon around her neck.

It finally occurred to Johnny that he and Jane were going steady, and he still didn’t know why she wore the yellow ribbon around her neck. So he asked her about it yet again, and yet again she did not tell him. “Maybe someday I’ll tell you about it,” she’d reply. Someday! That answer annoyed Johnny, but he shrugged it off, because Jane was so cute and fun to be with.

Well, time flew past, as it has a habit of doing, and one day Johnny proposed to Jane and was accepted. They planned a big wedding, and Jane hinted that she might tell him about the yellow ribbon around her neck on their wedding day. But somehow, what with the preparations and his beautiful bride, and the lovely reception, Johnny never got around to asking Jane about it. And when he did remember, she got a bit teary-eyed, and said: “We are so happy together, what difference does it make?” And Johnny decided she was right.

Johnny and Jane raised a family of four, with the usual ups and downs, laughter and tears. When their golden anniversary rolled around, Johnny once again asked Jane about the yellow ribbon around her neck. It was the first time he’d brought it up since the week after their wedding. Whenever their children asked him about it, he’d always hushed them, and somehow none of the kids had dared ask their mother. Jane gave Johnny as sad look and said: “Johnny, you’ve waited this long. You can wait awhile longer.”

And Johnny agreed. It was not until Jane was on her death bed a year later that Johnny, seeing his last chance slip away, asked Jane one final time about the yellow ribbon she wore around her neck. She shook her head a bit at his persistence, and then said with a sad smile: “Okay Johnny, you can go ahead and untie it.”

With shaking hands, Johnny fumbled for the knot and untied the yellow ribbon around his wife’s neck.

And Jane’s head fell off.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Those Alvin Schwartz joints and these were my shyt.

2672e03ae7a0864586e0c110.L.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yellow Ribbon
A Spooky Wisconsin Story

retold by S.E. Schlosser

Jane wore a yellow ribbon around her neck everyday. And I mean everyday, rain or shine, whether it matched her outfit or not. It annoyed her best friend Johnny after awhile. He was her next door neighbor and had known Jane since she was three. When he was young, he had barely noticed the yellow ribbon, but now they were in high school together, it bothered him.

“Why do you wear that yellow ribbon around your neck, Jane?” he’d ask her every day. But she wouldn’t tell him.

Still, in spite of this aggravation, Johnny thought she was cute. He asked her to the soda shoppe for an ice cream sundae. Then he asked her to watch him play in the football game. Then he started seeing her home. And come the spring, he asked her to the dance. Jane always said yes when he asked her out. And she always wore a yellow dress to match the ribbon around her neck.

It finally occurred to Johnny that he and Jane were going steady, and he still didn’t know why she wore the yellow ribbon around her neck. So he asked her about it yet again, and yet again she did not tell him. “Maybe someday I’ll tell you about it,” she’d reply. Someday! That answer annoyed Johnny, but he shrugged it off, because Jane was so cute and fun to be with.

Well, time flew past, as it has a habit of doing, and one day Johnny proposed to Jane and was accepted. They planned a big wedding, and Jane hinted that she might tell him about the yellow ribbon around her neck on their wedding day. But somehow, what with the preparations and his beautiful bride, and the lovely reception, Johnny never got around to asking Jane about it. And when he did remember, she got a bit teary-eyed, and said: “We are so happy together, what difference does it make?” And Johnny decided she was right.

Johnny and Jane raised a family of four, with the usual ups and downs, laughter and tears. When their golden anniversary rolled around, Johnny once again asked Jane about the yellow ribbon around her neck. It was the first time he’d brought it up since the week after their wedding. Whenever their children asked him about it, he’d always hushed them, and somehow none of the kids had dared ask their mother. Jane gave Johnny as sad look and said: “Johnny, you’ve waited this long. You can wait awhile longer.”

And Johnny agreed. It was not until Jane was on her death bed a year later that Johnny, seeing his last chance slip away, asked Jane one final time about the yellow ribbon she wore around her neck. She shook her head a bit at his persistence, and then said with a sad smile: “Okay Johnny, you can go ahead and untie it.”

With shaking hands, Johnny fumbled for the knot and untied the yellow ribbon around his wife’s neck.

And Jane’s head fell off.
:sadcam:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yep that one about the guy calling from the attic.Everyone was talking bout that piff on the bus after the book fair :wow:

There was also a picture in one of those books of this demon looking thing sitting on a fence in a field use to scare the shyt outta me.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
funny shyt was as scary as them books were i HAD to buy them when the book fair came to our school...i had all 3 but can only find the last one right now....

the story about the scarecrow that came to life...and dude went back to the house to get something...and his friend saw the scarecrow on top of the roof airing out his homies skin from his body.....:lupe:

HaroldScaryStories.png

and the girl who got bit by a spider when she slept that night.....

scary-stories.jpg

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Yep that one about the guy calling from the attic.Everyone was talking bout that piff on the bus after the book fair :wow:

There was also a picture in one of those books of this demon looking thing sitting on a fence in a field use to scare the shyt outta me.
Book fairs breh :sadcam:

almost time to embrace the :flabbynsick:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
:stopitslime: How many of y'all saw this thread title and thought it was gonna be opening intro for "Tales from the Crypt":

:sadcam: That intro used to SCARE THE shyt outta me when I was a kid in the 90's.

i remember when that first came on i thought it was tales from the crips, lol.... i looked at my mom like :comeon: then saw the show :dwillhuh:

scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark-the-dream.jpg

I'm still to this day shook of this motherfukker can't wait for the movie :win:
what the story to this shyt breh??? :lupe:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Them pictures were twisted..lol

Stories I remember the most is the one where some couple/family buy a dog from Mexico and it turns out to be some big ass rat. Or the one about the dead guy's suit...the picture was a headless guy in a suit with a hanger

EDIT: Anyone else read the Pussified version?

8065810ae7a00de3f772a110.L.jpg

:laugh:

Last edited:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Now that i think about it i don't think that was a picture.I think that's just the image i had in my head after reading one of the stories :lupe:

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark-book-covers.jpg

well they makin a motion pic out of our nightmares...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark-movie_n_4383335.html

dude that did the illustrations had a sick fukkin mind...can't front them pics gave me nightmares....the stories seemed scarier when i was a kid but lookin back on em now they sound stupid as fukk...:heh:

These were so doope... i loved the illustrations. That's great I will defnitely be watching these. I used to check these out from the local library when I was in elementary school...shytted all over goosebumps.