8 Famous Actors Of Color Who Struggled To Get Cast Due To Their Race, And 8 White Actors Who Took Roles Away From People Of Color

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I'm about to get negged to shyt but here we go...

People should be able to cast who they want to execute their vision, the real issue from my perspective is that we need more black directors, screenwriters, producers etc, to execute their vision as THEY see fit. There's a few brothers and sisters out there doing it on a very large scale that are currently setting the right example, doing it their way and creating their own table rather than begging to sit at someone elses

You knew you were bout to type something stupid so you prefaced it and still said something stupid :heh:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
daf142c3ac57d085196c6186f248e426

:dahell:
Dude is a maga nut in real life.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
John Carridine over Bruce Lee in Kung Fu TV series.
They had a weird thing about whitewashing Lee with David Carradine. They did it in The Silent Flute. Took that man's idea, changed the title and Carradine was cast in Lee's role. Not only was he not believable as Caine, but he was a trash ass martial artist :hhh:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I feel sorry for any actor that has to play Michael Jackson in a movie or tv show in the future. I don't even know how you go about it to be honest. On one hand, yes, he was black, but on the other, breh looked like this around the time the events of that TV movie occurred. It's a complicated issue. It really comes down who portrays him in the movies, tv shows, and such. I'm just glad that I don't make those casting decisions, because you're gonna receive criticism no matter what side you land on.

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Old movie but Moby dikk is my favorite book. The 50s version made all the harpooners white when the whole point of their characters was they were all different ethnicities