[8/30] NJPW Capital Collision 2024 Live From D.C. (Mercedes/Momo, Hiromu/Mustafa, Naito/TJP, Gabe/Lio, ZSJ/Titan)

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Mercedes' Mone Maker finish is only as good as her opponents ability to take it. That move is all on the opponent to make it look good. That's why it looked good with her doing it to Momo because she had a competent opponent. She should always transition that into the Bank Statement from now on.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Mercedes' Mone Maker finish is only as good as her opponents ability to take it. That move is all on the opponent to make it look good. That's why it looked good with her doing it to Momo because she had a competent opponent. She should always transition that into the Bank Statement from now on.

She's done that transition into the Statement a few times already..

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
She's done that transition into the Statement a few times already..
Good, I just saw a clip from tonight. She should always use that to avoid disasters like at All In and the Shida match. That way if the opponent fails to make it look good she can at least finish with the submission.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Good, I just saw a clip from tonight. She should always use that to avoid disasters like at All In and the Shida match. That way if the opponent fails to make it look good she can at least finish with the submission.

It's true that you have to work with other people who are competent. This is taking it way back but remember how McMahon used to take the stunner from Austin ? The first few times were awful.... Made the move look like trash.

I'd still prefer Mercedes just do the submission as the finisher but if she's working with other competent wrestlers then I'm fine with the Mone' Maker/Submission combo.

Anyway, the rest of the match with Momo was really good too as have nearly all of Mercedes matches in NJPW/AEW. I don't want to pile on Britt but this might be the end of Dr. Britt in big matches for a while.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It's true that you have to work with other people who are competent. This is taking it way back but remember how McMahon used to take the stunner from Austin ? The first few times were awful.... Made the move look like trash.

I'd still prefer Mercedes just do the submission as the finisher but if she's working with other competent wrestlers then I'm fine with the Mone' Maker/Submission combo.

Anyway, the rest of the match with Momo was really good too as have nearly all of Mercedes matches in NJPW/AEW. I don't want to pile on Britt but this might be the end of Dr. Britt in big matches for a while.
Trust me I'd like her to stop using the Mone Maker as well, it's too clunky of a finish to begin with. Just giving my 2 cents on what I have seen.

But in the end nothing we can do about. She's going to do what she wants.