[8/30/2024] TNA WRESTLING PRESENTS: EMERGENCE (STARTS AT 7 PM CT, 8 ET & 5 PT)

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You'd watch it if Jungle Boy was involved. :comeon:

I'm kidding, but those were all some solid match recommendations. The show was good, but the crowd sucked.
:picard:

Crowd sucked? Sounds like a typical Kentucky crowd. VERY entitled live crowd state - not just in wrestling, but in sports too. Unless you bring your A+++ game for the duration of the event, which is obviously highly unrealistic if not impossible, they just don't give a shyt. When watching a UK game or an AEW event there, I often wonder why the fukk did they even spend their money on a ticket?

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
You'd watch it if Jungle Boy was involved. :comeon:

I'm kidding, but those were all some solid match recommendations. The show was good, but the crowd sucked.
Sounds like the NJPW show and the DC crowd. I mean if people were saying the crowd was dead in the thread then it must be true. I have yet to watch any highlights other than a Mercedes clip of the finish.

That's if you can even see the crowd since it was so dark.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:picard:

Crowd sucked? Sounds like a typical Kentucky crowd. VERY entitled live crowd state - not just in wrestling, but in sports too. Unless you bring your A+++ game for the duration of the event, which is obviously highly unrealistic if not impossible, they just don't give a shyt. When watching a UK game or an AEW event there, I often wonder why the fukk did they even spend their money on a ticket?
I wonder the same when I see dead crowds. I don't see the logic in paying for tickets, parking, concessions, and merch just to sit on your hands at an event.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I wonder the same when I see dead crowds. I don't see the logic in paying for tickets, parking, concessions, and merch just to sit on your hands at an event.
And the funny part is when I go on to a Kentucky sports message board that also has a wrestling section and complain about how they suck as wrestling fans they get pissed off about it, but when they call themselves out for it at basketball and football games they don't have a problem with it. Like just admit y'all suck you pussies.

:mjlol:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Sounds like the NJPW show and the DC crowd. I mean if people were saying the crowd was dead in the thread then it must be true. I have yet to watch any highlights other than a Mercedes clip of the finish.

That's if you can even see the crowd since it was so dark.
DC is a sports town, and the crowds can be red hot for a game/card/event. If one thing happens that the crowd doesn't like, though, then the entire building will go cold in unison.
It's not just wrestling, either. I've been to Wizards, Nats, & Commanders games where the home crowd has shut down completely.
Nobody does "fickle" like the DMV sports fanbase.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
And the funny part is when I go on to a Kentucky sports message board that also has a wrestling section and complain about how they suck as wrestling fans they get pissed off about it, but when they call themselves out for it at basketball and football games they don't have a problem with it. Like just admit y'all suck you pussies.

:mjlol:
Kentucky crowds used to be great during the Mid South & Smokey Mountain eras. They were even good for the old OVW days.
Sometimes I think that the fans in that area will crap on any wrestling that they deem too modern.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Kentucky crowds used to be great during the Mid South & Smokey Mountain eras. They were even good for the old OVW days.
Sometimes I think that the fans in that area will crap on any wrestling that they deem too modern.
The whole state for sports/sports entertainment fandom is a cesspool of negativity

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
A lot of that negativity can be traced back to Adolph Rupp.
:mjpls:
I chalk up a lot of the problems with American crowds is we as a whole have become addicted to our entertainment options because they are so plentiful in options, they are largely readily available, and they are also largely easily accessible. Like AEW, WWE, and the sports leagues aren't just competing amongst themselves for entertainment, it's an endless amount of things due to the internet, social media, tv, video games, music, etc. and all that stuff is available straight from your phone no matter where you are.

You find something you really like or love, so you start exposing yourself to it frequently to chase that dopamine high because all you got to do to get it is pick up that smart phone. The more you expose yourself to it, the more you desensitize yourself to it.

You've seen so much and have access to so much of it that the only time it pops you is when it comes close to replicating that first hit, even if other experiences are objectively good they do nothing for you because they aren't how like it used to be, even if it might objectively be just as good as it used to be or even better.

But you keep soldiering on, looking for that next high, reminiscing about the good ole days, trying to recreate that first experience you'll never be able to replicate again without taking a healthy break or moving on to your next fix to fill the void.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
With PCO it could have been anything with how reckless he is but I think it was the PCO-sault to end the match.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
If he's having a segment on Thursday as the champ then his match vs Wes Lee is likely not for the title.