[8/12/23] AEW Collision: House of Black defends Trios titles vs. CMFTR; Acclaimed in action; Statlander/Willow vs. Mercedes Martinez/Diamante; & mor

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Punk is feeling really irrelevant on Saturday nights. He’s definitely every single thing he spoke against all those years.

He literally just outdrew Dynamite this week and most people consider the show he helps book the superior program so idk how that makes him "irrelevant"

irrelevant would be the Young Bucks losing viewers every single week on Dynamite or the butterfly jean wearing sad cowboy who isn't even in a feud at the moment and feels invisible. He should be thankful Punk just gave him a reason to be talked about for the first time in weeks

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He literally just outdrew Dynamite this week and most people consider the show he helps book the superior program so idk how that makes him "irrelevant"

irrelevant would be the Young Bucks losing viewers every single week on Dynamite or the butterfly jean wearing sad cowboy who isn't even in a feud at the moment and feels invisible. He should be thankful Punk just gave him a reason to be talked about for the first time in weeks

Irrelevant is having to sell your shyt on a night competing with football for the next 19 Saturdays starting on the 26th while still calling yourself the star and the draw. My alma mater has the best team we’ve ever had this year, you think I’ll pay much attention to a B show? Punk hates it there, but nowhere to turn. Don’t know if he’ll make if halfway before self destructing. I don’t know who’s gonna find his way out first between Punk and Deion Sanders. If Punk is the superstar and draw he thinks he is, why’s he getting ignored?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Irrelevant is having to sell your shyt on a night competing with football for the next 19 Saturdays starting on the 26th while still calling yourself the star and the draw. My alma mater has the best team we’ve ever had this year, you think I’ll pay much attention to a B show? Punk hates it there, but nowhere to turn. Don’t know if he’ll make if halfway before self destructing. I don’t know who’s gonna find his way out first between Punk and Deion Sanders. If Punk is the superstar and draw he thinks he is, why’s he getting ignored?

I mean we should at least see how the ratings get affected by college football first before making any definitive claims. Collision has held up well against boxing and UFC but gets killed whenever it's on the same day as WWE PLE's, maybe that'll apply to football but maybe it won't?

I would imagine Punk loves having a show where he gets to be the main event and top storyline week in and week out, not to mention he basically gets to help book the show. The crowds he's drawing are pretty much in line with Dynamite, sometimes bigger. It's not like he's wrestling in bingo halls. Plus the wrestling media and most of the audience keep saying week in and week out that his show is better, I'm sure his ego loves that.

Also the best Michigan team ever? Thats a lofty statement

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Inessential or inconsequential is quite the take. Lot of story development throughout the episode.

Acclaimed vs jobbers was way too long and didn't matter
Women's tag match was boring and didn't matter
Arn Anderson's loser son vs Luchasaurus was boring and didn't matter

Rampage level shyt