8/10/24 AEW Collision

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
@Rollie Forbes who's viable right now?
Just off the top of my head, Jay Lethal & Shane Taylor are two credible former champions. Starks is out there, and Keith Lee is apparently healthy, too. Bryan Keith was always a.great champion in Texas.
The ill thing about Black wrestlers (and politicians, but that's another story) is that we have to be "viable". Meanwhile, Nick Wayne & Kyle Fletcher can walk right off the street & face.the World Champion.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
The ill thing about Black wrestlers is that we have to be "viable". Meanwhile, Nick Wayne & Kyle Fletcher can walk right off the street & face.the World Champion.
Wayne and Fletcher were proxies to the challengers in Christian and Ospreay.

If Keith showed up, I wouldn't have any problem with that. "You scoundrel. You betrayed my trust and went on to take the grand prize in all of the land. You snatched from me the opportunity to change the wrestling landscape and history books forever more. I detest you, Swervington! A pox on your home!"

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Wayne and Fletcher were proxies to the challengers in Christian and Ospreay.

If Keith showed up, I wouldn't have any problem with that. "You scoundrel. You betrayed my trust and went on to take the grand prize in all of the land. You snatched from me the opportunity to change the wrestling landscape and history books forever more. I detest you, Swervington! A pox on your home!"
We can always make a case for why Wayne, Fletcher, or anybody else faced the champ, but we should use that same energy to make a case for somebody who looks like us.
Representation matters.
Having a Black champion who'll only OFFER (not just accept) matches to non-Black challengers is a wild choice, IMO. It's even more wild when Swerve already has a :mjpls: vibe going on. ---> https://www.thecoli.com/threads/swerve-aint-beating-them-allegations-anytime-soon.1039201/