720p is no longer considered HD on YouTube

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:to be fair, 720 is the new 480p. When I sell TVs, one of my biggest pitches is distinguishing the differences and I normally suggest that 1080p is the standard of high definition, while 720p is kinda obsolete but useful if you don't mind the blurry texture.

One way of trying to push 4k I suppose :ld:
when youtube is in it's native screen I watch videos in 720p, when it's full screen is when I use 1080 or something higher

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yea, I don't really like 4k it makes shyt look fake to me. I cant explain it.

4k basically turns the contrast up super saiyan rates. While this is good for content involving nature and sporting events. It just makes movies look damn near cartoonish and non life like. The grim reality is that technology technically peaked at 1080p. There's no other reason to enhance visuals other than restoring historic movies, and even then it's no point because it takes away the time capsule of the flick unless the movie was physically ruined or edited to hell (Metropolis). Overall, 4K and even 8K are a way to pump money into the "next best thing", in reality it's a marketing ploy to sell new TVs, instead of building better quality ones.

Think about this, the life expectancy on TVs are garbage compared to the OGs from a way back. You know why....dispensable income. Heavens forbid folks would use their TVs from 2014 for a few more years, when they can get a cheap ass 4K tv that will die within a week:yeshrug:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
When was that ever HD?
A better question is when was it not :dahell:
during the ps3/360 era

yes

those consoles were considered the first hd gen
:stop: you're mistaking Sony with Microsoft. The original xbox was capable of 1080i and the first game to utilize that resolution was enter the matrix. I bought a 47in Panasonic at the time (my ak-47) just so I could be one of the first you experience HD and it was glorious. CRT's were glorious too at this time but sheep....
That's not 4k that makes things look fake, and the guy above saying 4k makes movies look fake? Again, it's not the 4k. It's one of the modes your TV has that does that. 120fps mode is over reason for that affect but different TV brands name features differently so im drawing a blank at the moment

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A better question is when was it not :dahell:

:stop: you're mistaking Sony with Microsoft. The original xbox was capable of 1080i and the first game to utilize that resolution was enter the matrix. I bought a 47in Panasonic at the time (my ak-47) just so I could be one of the first you experience HD and it was glorious. CRT's were glorious too at this time but sheep....

That's not 4k that makes things look fake, and the guy above saying 4k makes movies look fake? Again, it's not the 4k. It's one of the modes your TV has that does that. 120fps mode is over reason for that affect but different TV brands name features differently so im drawing a blank at the moment

damn Court you ain't got no choice but to upgrade your Olevia now fam. :to:

s-l1600.jpg

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
4k basically turns the contrast up super saiyan rates. While this is good for content involving nature and sporting events. It just makes movies look damn near cartoonish and non life like. The grim reality is that technology technically peaked at 1080p. There's no other reason to enhance visuals other than restoring historic movies, and even then it's no point because it takes away the time capsule of the flick unless the movie was physically ruined or edited to hell (Metropolis). Overall, 4K and even 8K are a way to pump money into the "next best thing", in reality it's a marketing ploy to sell new TVs, instead of building better quality ones.

Think about this, the life expectancy on TVs are garbage compared to the OGs from a way back. You know why....dispensable income. Heavens forbid folks would use their TVs from 2014 for a few more years, when they can get a cheap ass 4K tv that will die within a week:yeshrug:
Current TVs usually have a VIVID setting or motion speed or 120 hz etc... That's why it looks so fake.. Turn all that shyt off and/or put it in MOVIE mode.. That'll clear it up and darken things like cinema.. Might take your eyes a while to get used to the "dim" screen, but turn out the lights and enjoy it how it's supposed to be

ZILFIN

Daps
They're not wrong though, I can't remember the last time I watched or downloaded something below 1080p. :patrice: