6 out of 10 Americans have less than $500 in their savings account; how about you?f

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Cause of social media,hype,and relentless peer pressure
if you give in/buy in to social media hype you are beyond frail mentally :flabbynsick:

DMX been told yall foolish nikkas

Life is too short to get caught up in some dumb shyt :stopitslime:
wake up one day, 40 years old on some bum shyt:ufdup:
time flew by, you was too fly to see the light:umad:
everyday it's getting darker, then comes the night :demonic:

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
6 in 10 Americans have less than $500 in savings. If you lost your job, could you still pay rent? #BetterMoneyHabits https://t.co/FuXu9o9RzU

Yes and I can pay my home off by the end of this year if I choose to.

Hell I used to be one of these guys with 500 bucks in savings or even less than 100.00 but I ended up taking responsibility of my 523 FICO and paying off my debts, loans, and establishing good credit. Took a while but I am glad I took financial classes on how to manage my money when I thought of starting my own business.

No matter how bad it is it can be done if you choose to have good financial health

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Misleading statistic. You could have millions in savings and have nothing in a savings account, especially with savings accounts offering virtually nil in interest. At one point at I had $40K in cash and investments without a penny in an actual savings account.

The better stat would be what people have saved up in Money Markets, Investment/Trading accounts, and Checking Accounts. But that's not how the question has been phrased in any of the articles I've read on it.
nikka people without savings probably don't even have Investments.. Americans broke as fukk outchea:damn:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Yes and I can pay my home off by the end of this year if I choose to.

Hell I used to be one of these guys with 500 bucks in savings or even less than 100.00 but I ended up taking responsibility of my 523 FICO and paying off my debts, loans, and establishing good credit. Took a while but I am glad I took financial classes on how to manage my money when I thought of starting my own business.

No matter how bad it is it can be done if you choose to have good financial health
I need advice

Should I knock off my car payments breh?

I have 10 months left but I can pay that off this month if I wanted to but the interest is super low :patrice:

Or should I just throw that onto my credit card :patrice:

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
I dont have any saving but i do have checking accounts. One for spending which i keep low cuz nikkas stay scamming in nyc. The other one is where all my money goes in (jobs, my allowance (yea i still get so what?), birthday money etc

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
66.00 but I am going to be fine. I have several investment accounts.
Same.

I agree overall with the idea that people need to save more but in addition to that, if you have more than $500 parked in a Savings account earning ~0.05% then you are not too good with money either imo. Especially with the markets in a Bull run.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
You high

That's too much:huhldup:

Her insurance is cheap cause she's 50.

Car note got to be 550 to 600 ish :picard:

For 6 years :picard:
you don't know what you're talking about. If she got a $28,000 truck put no money down, 0%, no sales tax, ntitles, teags, warrenty, whateveer. her payment would be like 390 for the car alone and she'd need full coverage, add another 200 to that thats 590.