6 figures brehs, how much are taxes hurting your pockets?

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Not at all. I work in Germany and as long as I don’t cross the $117k limit (I think that’s what it is) I don’t have to pay taxes and since I’m not a German citizen I don’t pay their taxes either.
I work in Japan. I don't pay taxes up to that $117K mark as well.
:wow:
After that mark, though.
:francis:
Luckily, my per diem is not taxable so that's $20K+ that doesn't get touched by the @Feds
:ufdup:
I'm looking for a job in the States as we speak though. My babies need me.
:to:
Got a job offer from Leidos for $90K two days ago, but im not ready to pay taxes yet.
:camby:
I'll come back for $120K+ though.
:aicmon:

Belize King

Daps
I wonder how much more we'd be paying if college and Healthcare was free
It's sad. We don't pay enough taxes to run this country as it stands. Unfortunately, our Congress is to coward to get the money from us. They too worry about getting re-elected and not doing what's right for our dollar.
:beli:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
After that mark, though.
Luckily, my per diem is not taxable so that's $20K+ that doesn't get touched by the @Feds
Got a job offer from Leidos for $90K two days ago, but im not ready to pay taxes yet.

Y'all are paying $0 in taxes? What about in the country you reside in?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Do you still have to pay taxes to the country that you are a citizen of?
US citizen. No, I don’t. The foreign income tax credit allows you to make up to a certain amount per year as long as I’m out of the country for 335 days without having to pay tax. I’m unsure of the exact days or the amount you’re allowed to make but I know I’m good as far as not having to pay.

Veteran
Daps
I work for a US company to Japan doesn't see any of my salary. Come to the contracting world. The tax benefits are
:banderas:

Damn so you getting the whole thing.:ohhh:

Can you more into detail on this contracting thing? What does it mean exactly and how would I go about getting into that lane? I work as an assistant project manager in construction, so I imagine there might be some venues.

No kids or wife either.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
After that mark, though.
From what I understand after you cross the limit you pay taxes only on the amount that’s taxable. If you make 150 and the limit is 125 then you only pay taxes on that 25k. I’m headed to Kuwait in January so I’ll be finding out soon.

Veteran
Daps
From what I understand after you cross the limit you pay taxes only on the amount that’s taxable. If you make 150 and the limit is 125 then you only pay taxes on that 25k. I’m headed to Kuwait in January so I’ll be finding out soon.

What you're saying is what I read on reddit, though the taxes on that income would be in the same bracket the exclusion ends. So if $130k is taxed at 26%, anything over will be at that bracket.

Belize King

Daps
Yeah. You are correct. I still have deductions so I don't end up paying anyway. I don't get the child credit though so that kind of sucks. Why should I get money for my children if I don't pay any taxes? I understand the Feds when it comes to that.

Belize King

Daps
Damn so you getting the whole thing.:ohhh:

Can you more into detail on this contracting thing? What does it mean exactly and how would I go about getting into that lane? I work as an assistant project manager in construction, so I imagine there might be some venues.

No kids or wife either.
It's not hard. Finding a rotational job is the issue. I work for 90 days then am off for 90 days. Outside of DoD contracting I don't know if that's a thing. Even rotational work is a small piece of DoD contracting. That said, Vectrus and KBR are good companies for your line of work. The pay isn't the greatest but the experience will be great for you to job hop. I was getting around $700 a day in Afghanistan and Iraq. Vectrus supply guys were getting $450-550 a day. Most of those guys couldn't go home as much neither. Still might be worth a shot if you are interested.

Apply, take an interview, and see what's what. General Dynamic is a great overseas company to work for as well. I got a few buddies that work in Europe for them.