[6.25.23] AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II - Bryan vs Okada, Omega vs Ospreay II [Full Card Announced]

Who Wins between Okada vs. Bryan & Omega vs. Ospreay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Predictions:

Main Card
Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada - Okada wins. It's one of the most sought-after dream matches in wrestling history (outside of the WWE bubble at least) and one we thought we would never get before Bryan came to AEW. If there is any match you should be able to get into for the sole reason that it's just a match, this is the one. This match on its own would likely sell out the Tokyo Dome.

Kenny Omega vs. Will Ospreay for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship - I really feel like this can go either way, but I don't see TK letting his roster go 0-2 in the co-main event. So Kenny Omega retains and they run it back in Wembley where Kenny passes the torch to Will Ospreay in his home country. Question is how are they going to set up the third match? Kenny will be 2-0 against Ospreay and Kenny would have no logical reason from a h2h perspective to grant the rematch. Perhaps this is where Ospreay formally aligns with Don Callis and furthers the Kenny vs. Callis family program.

SANADA vs. Jungle Boy Jack Perry for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - Obviously SANADA wins this as it will be part of the story of JB having to finally join the dark side of heel tactics to be able to get over the hump of winning singles gold.

MJF vs. Tanahashi for the AEW World Championship - MJF, obviously. If they weren't going to continue with the MJF vs. Adam Cole program, you could have given me a logical and creative argument to have Tanahashi win this here to make MJF eat crow against the Ace of New Japan for shytting on NJPW all the time. But Tanahashi is in the G1 and you don't let your world title go off TV for the majority of the rest of the summer when you have to build for All In and All Out in back-to-back weekends starting end of August.

Le Suzuki Gods (Jericho/Guevara/Suzuki) vs. Sting/Darby/TBA - Naito or Takagi will be the mystery tag partner is my guess. Obviously STINGGGGGGG's team wins here as Sting doesn't job out like he did in WWE.

BCC/Shooter/Takeshyta vs. The Elite/Kingston/Ishii 5v5 - BCC won Anarchy in the Arena, so going to have to go with The Elite here. If this was going to be the main event I could see them having Ibushi run in at the end to save the Elite from a post match beatdown but Ibushi popping up is such a massive deal it's something you end the night with.

CM Punk vs. Satoshi Kojima in the Owen Hart Cup - Punk wins this match even if they have to roll out his cold dead body on a stretcher into the ring. Easily the most underwhelming match on the card. Not saying it's going to be a bad match (though it probably will), but easily the match I look least forward to watching,

Four-way for the International Championship - I see this as being the night where they finally take belt off OC. I've said that at least two times before but I have to be correct eventually! If Sabre wasn't in the G1 I would have picked him to win it, but I'll go with Shibata and he starts a program with Daniel Garcia where they finally pick back up on Garcia abandoning his sports entertainer phase. I foresee the breakup of the JAS on the horizon with them teasing Guevara leaving it so I think this Garcia-Shibata program will be one of the big factors in the JAS breakup.

Toni Storm vs. Willow Nightingale for the AEW Women's Championship - Willow will put up a hell of a fight that will have the fans eating it up but they aren't going to take the title off Storm until All In when they have Hayter beat her in England to get her belt back. Willow's push is going to come in the Owen where I have a strong feeling she wins

Adam Cole vs. Tom Lawlor - Adam Cole. Unless they have some storyline angle attached for a screwy finish here then I can't think of any reason why Lawlor would win. BUT, Lawlor is NOT in the G1 this year so if NJPW wanted to put him on loan to AEW for the summer and have him stay aligned with MJF...

Zero Hour
Athena vs. Billie Starkz in the women's Owen Hart Cup - Brain says Athena but heart says Starkz. Have a feeling this is going to be one hell of a match. This will serve as jumpstart to an ROH Women's Championship feud between the two, Starkz eventually wins that title, and that defeat as the catalyst to get Athena out of ROH and back into AEW. Starkz just graduated high school but has a ton of experience already, but she would benefit from more seasoning with TV wrestling in ROH before committing to her as a regularly featured wrestler in AEW.
I agree with most of the predictions. The exception is OC retaining which pisses me off. The TBA has to be outside of NJPW. I have a feeling it's Muta for the fukkery.

PremeGuru

All Star
Daps
Full Card including pre-show

Fzb61M5XsAAM_9f