5G ain't all it's cracked up to be

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
How about they actually optimise and improve 4g first before jumping the gun and moving to, what I'm sure will be another half baked invention like 4g has been. The average 4G speed in the UK is only 14mbps and in the rural areas, it's even significantly lower. yet 4G's theoretical maximum speed is suppose to be 300mbps while real world maximum speed is meant to be 60mbps

I'm sure they will boast of 5g's mindblowing speed capability only for the consumer's to receive shytty real world speeds in the end.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
So don't do major downloads on the go :sitdown:

Just like how a call canswitch seamlessly from WiFi to cellular the same happens with your internet. It'll drop to 4G. The sky...is not falling
Man get your Boost Mobile ass outta this thread

giphy.gif

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Supposedly its dangerous as well

I heard about that. 5g uses frequency ranges above 6 GHz to 100 GHz. Thing is, they say that when you get to those frequency ranges, it can screw with human skin. The military has something called the Active Denial System that sends out waves at 95 GHz. Your sweat pores or something acts like an antenna, and your skin heats up, making people want to flee. It can be used as crowd control. So it has people asking, if these 5g antennas are going to be all over the place, can it be used to control crowds of people.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I heard about that. 5g uses frequency ranges above 6 GHz to 100 GHz. Thing is, they say that when you get to those frequency ranges, it can screw with human skin. The military has something called the Active Denial System that sends out waves at 95 GHz. Your sweat pores or something acts like an antenna, and your skin heats up, making people want to flee. It can be used as crowd control. So it has people asking, if these 5g antennas are going to be all over the place, can it be used to control crowds of people.
There are theories that these are for weaponized purposes and i agree. They are in a rush to put these towers up without really studying the long term effects.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps