50 Cent Isn't Here For Omari Hardwick Saying He Was Sold A Dream

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
From my understanding the show is being canceled because they can't afford to continue paying Mary J Blige a million dollars per episode. They are paying Mary more money than they paid Omari for being the primary protagonists for all the OG episodes of power. 50 isn't one the producers anymore so I don't think Omari beef is with him but moreso with that Courtney lady. Think her last name is Kemp.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
From my understanding the show is being canceled because they can't afford to continue paying Mary J Blige a million dollars per episode. They are paying Mary more money than they paid Omari for being the primary protagonists for all the OG episodes of power. 50 isn't one the producers anymore so I don't think Omari beef is with him but moreso with that Courtney lady. Think her last name is Kemp.

Why the fukk would they pay Mary J 1 m an episode???

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
Lol I'm assuming because of her star power and wardrobe. Mary loves her labels and furs. Monet Tejeda may only have one facial expression but her wardrobe is phenomenal

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Mary was not making $1m an episode. That would have made her close to the highest paid actress in TV history. The hell kinda misinformation is this?

VY2wmdR.png

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I seent it on reddit

A quick Google and flipping through several sources would tell you the answer is $400k per episode.

That's a lot, but nowhere close to $1m an episode. That's literally Friends, Big Bang Theory cast money. And close to Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon on The Morning Show.

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
A quick Google and flipping through several sources would tell you the answer is $400k per episode.

That's a lot, but nowhere close to $1m an episode. That's literally Friends, Big Bang Theory cast money. And close to Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon on The Morning Show.
She still get paid more than Omari and her acting skills are nowhere as good.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ghost you fool. How do you fųck up a G Unit films gig. That’s a lifetime job if you play it right bruh. Look at LaLa’s non acting ass. She’s been on 2 shows already.
He thinks he's more talented than he actually is. Not like his career was great before "Power" and it seems to have stalled after "Power",

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Watched the 1st episode when it came out and was an early fan of the original show, bailed on it after season 4 ended.

I know exactly what Omari is saying, based on the the shift that show took and the fact that spinoffs were launched.

50 and the writers weren't going to turn down money to do more shows, but it diluted the power (pun) of the original series.