5 Unexpected Activities That Encounter Startling Racism

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That black scifi writer shyt in the literary world is so damned true... go to any major bookstore. All the white connected major writers is in the front shelves. ANY black writer is put in the African-American section doesn't matter what genre really... it's fukking biased and frustrating... :birdman:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
This is all a result of the tactic known as "media propaganda":

If You Are Black Its Imperative That You Are Aware Of What "Media Propaganda" Is

Black ppl are the most stereotyped group on planet earth.

This is why when black ppl do things like go hiking its met with the :dwillhuh:because the world isn't used to seeing us in that light.

The world isn't used to blackness outside of dunking basketballs, catching football's, rapping about killing other black people/selling dope and being locked up in handcuffs

"Media propaganda" is one of the most effective tools ever to be used against blacks. It has helped to totally destroy the image and reputation of blacks worldwide.

Big Brown Areola

Young Soul
Daps
:comeon: Unexpected?

Maybe if you're one of these kumbaya nikkas.

Cosplay
As a proud blerd (black nerd), I loveconventions, and I love dressing up as my favorite characters when I go to them. The c00n life is a blast, except to nonwhite people who dare to dress up outside their race.

Fixed.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
That black scifi writer shyt in the literary world is so damned true... go to any major bookstore. All the white connected major writers is in the front shelves. ANY black writer is put in the African-American section doesn't matter what genre really... it's fukking biased and frustrating... :birdman:

A direct consequence of still clamoring behind cacs for recognition and favors after 400 years..

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
A direct consequence of still clamoring behind cacs for recognition and favors after 400 years..

:jbhmm: Please elaborate breh... I've been writing a long time and most major book companies that are connected are white owned... They have connected literary agents and PR firms plus they focus on delivering stories where white heroes are at the forefront. If your just starting out it's gonna be hard to break into that echelon on the writing world where your name is heard people already know... Who's doing it for JUST recognition?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
:jbhmm: Please elaborate breh... I've been writing a long time and most major book companies that are connected are white owned... They have connected literary agents and PR firms plus they focus on delivering stories where white heroes are at the forefront. If your just starting out it's gonna be hard to break into that echelon on the writing world where your name is heard people already know... Who's doing it for JUST recognition?

I meant that after so long, we cannot still be naive to think cacs are on our side in any capacity or willing to do us any favors or lend us a hand.
At this point in time and given what we already know, we must be having our own platforms. All our problems arise from thinking we can share a stage with our primary nemesis.
Yes, cacs run most things so you need their avenues for distribution etc, but Im hoping you can identify a great business opportunity assisting yourself and other Black writers to get their names and work out there.

Aimé

Verified
Daps
All our problems arise from thinking we can share a stage with our primary nemesis.
Yes, cacs run most things so you need their avenues for distribution etc, but Im hoping you can identify a great business opportunity assisting yourself and other Black writers to get their names and work out there.
sigworthy:wow:repped

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I meant that after so long, we cannot still be naive to think cacs are on our side in any capacity or willing to do us any favors or lend us a hand.
At this point in time and given what we already know, we must be having our own platforms. All our problems arise from thinking we can share a stage with our primary nemesis.

Of course...:jbhmm: I remember when I first was sending the spec scripts of my stories out there for publication and got nothing back but just rejection letters. I'm lucky amazon had a kdp on demand printing service so I can publish with no one choosing to publish me. We CAN do it on our own, it can be done. that was never the question... the question is to have such enduring reach in the mainstream with only OUR engine pushing it.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Of course...:jbhmm: I remember when I first was sending the spec scripts of my stories out there for publication and got nothing back but just rejection letters. I'm lucky amazon had a kdp on demand printing service so I can publish with no one choosing to publish me. We CAN do it on our own, it can be done. that was never the question... the question is to have such enduring reach in the mainstream with only OUR engine pushing it.

Apply the same scenario for writers to that of Black artists in the music business.
Cacs fought hard to control us, our art and the resultant cash revenue through restrictions to have our own distribution channels, major labels etc. But, we had talent and no use for cacs and still dominated world music. So the world already knows Black people produce great shyt, but cacs want to limit our freedom to exercise commerce if they arent controlling it. So do what enterprising musicians did, by going the independent route and distributing material yourself. Obviously easier said than done, but sometimes taking the easy way is restrictive in itself.

Daps

How are you marketing your work?