5-10 years from now Will this kendrick album rollout be looked at as the most forced album roll out of all time?

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
MEVVFU6_o.jpeg

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kendrick himself never even announced that there's an album coming out

And that unlistenable album is rated 85 on Metacritic, also having a higher user rating

I don't know how I can tell you Drake stans this, but as a dude that saw the Nas/Jay beef the best thing you can do is move on. Instead you guys are twisting the knife and making his perception worse. Y'all are the worst fanbase in anything I've ever seen
It's what happens when you associate yourself to a brand because they're "winning" not because of how they relate to your life, values, experiences etc

Once they start losing, the fans are left scrambling to make sense of it lol

Shahcronz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really think 10 years after the fact, people will be interested in any Album roll out of any artist.?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Came out of hiding after a general consensus unlistenable album with very little replay value due to having no type of bops (mr. morale) just to get at the biggest rapper in the game and have like 4-5 months of buzz

goes back into hiding, until a super bowl is announced (which boosts streams)...Super bowl is also the week before or after the grammy's...theres 2 ways they can go from here: 1) they could either put out an album now while still in grammy timeline, and win the grammy due to his industry ties (kendrick just opened his mouth....someone hand him his grammy right now :mjlol:) and then get on stage a week after the super bowl and talk all the "im for the culture" stuff... or 2) they could wait to drop the album til around the super bowl to have a boost and inflated numbers to brag about, while picking up some grammy for "not like us" due to his industry ties...regardless it's a foregone conclusion the glazing for kendrick is going to be at an all time high the week of and after the Super bowl...isn't it sad that we can predict this?

I admit..it's a smart business move..but it's so forced, it's cringeworthy...I thought hip hop was supposed to be organic? I thought we were supposed to rebel against the system? Kendrick is being used to push a narrative, a true definition of an industry plant

The only other album I think of that had a more nasty rollout was "life of pablo"

Do we agree this may go down as one of the most forced and planted album roll outs of all time? What were some other album rollouts that you view as nasty work?

Mental illness :mjcry:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Edit: Elliot Wilson has said that sources tell him Drake turned it down twice so I’ll take the L here if true

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hex