4K Blu-ray......... will you upgrade?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
a console having 4K as the standard resolution is the ONLY thing I could see saving 4K from going out like 3DTV's.
Agreed. The cost of a 4K gpu in a console is too great now, but in a few years, I think you could get a 4K gpu in a console for around $500. I'd definitely spend that much on a PS5 if it had 4K graphics.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Agreed. The cost of a 4K gpu in a console is too great now, but in a few years, I think you could get a 4K gpu in a console for around $500. I'd definitely spend that much on a PS5 if it had 4K graphics.

no doubt. once the PS5 drops, I'll be due for a new tv, and by then, netflix will surely have even more 4K content.

as for cable providers, I've said a million times that they can't even get us 1080p, so I'm not holding my breath for UHD content from them.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
no doubt. once the PS5 drops, I'll be due for a new tv, and by then, netflix will surely have even more 4K content.

as for cable providers, I've said a million times that they can't even get us 1080p, so I'm not holding my breath for UHD content from them.
Yeah, cable companies aren't giving us 4K anytime soon, if ever. 720p upscaled to 4K looks good on my Samsung SUHD though.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
speaking of TV's I recently cracked my 50" samsung smart tv when trying to move it.

anyways, I went in best buy like two weeks ago to get another and all the regular 1080p non UHD tv's were cheap as well.

I thought I saw a samsung 50" smart tv for like $400, but it wasn't a smart tv. I ended up getting a 58" samsung smart tv for $550 cuz the 50" one was still $579 :wtf:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I'll dabble in it but nothing heavy unless it stays around longer than a couple years. 8K is already a thing and it will replace 4K...and then be promptly replaced by 16K? :jbhmm::ohhh: ....and so on and so forth.

teacher

All Star
Daps
a console having 4K as the standard resolution is the ONLY thing I could see saving 4K from going out like 3DTV's.

nah breh it's apple's and oranges.....4K TV's are upscaling everything to 4K...and all the new better TV's are 4K....so if you want to stick with 1080p for the forseeable future you'll be using a clearly inferior product....go to bestbuy and look at the 4K displays then look at the 1080p only displays from the same brand with the same content :scusthov:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Eventually I will
1. Price has to go down enough for me to get it on the player
2. Need plenty of the 4K aka ultrahd movies out to even go that route
3. Will only buy newer movies for that one and only upgrade my personal Favorite movies that have high replay value like lotr trilogy and Bourne trilogy

Granted digital is convienet but that bs of it disappearing cuz of studios wanna pull and u don't have it don't sit well with me and yes I know u can just save on harddrive
Also quality and sound on disc shyts on digital from what I have tried
When that Internet acting up or down I can just pop in a disc :ahh:

So what I usually do is get movies with that digital code don't matter if it's vudu or iTunes cuz I use both to save movies so when that time comes I wanna go digital I already have a good library set up

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
4K isn't gonna "go out" like 3D tvs. This is a natural progression. It'll become the norm in a couple years regardless of the content provided now