4K Blu-ray......... will you upgrade?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
For those of you who have been buying and collecting blu-ray's........ will you make the switch to 4K versions if they produce enough movies? The 4K sets are already dropping in price and the 4K blu-ray players are just around the corner. I have over 300 blu's, over time replacing them would be $$$. I know once I see the picture quality from 4K disc on a 4K set I will be :ohlawd:

A friend of mine bought an open box 79" LG 4K set for under $2,000........... :whew:

teacher

All Star
Daps
The difference of an upscaled blu ray to 4K and native 4K content is negligible for the average person and splitting hairs for the most seasoned vet. So, no I won't be rebuying anything, but when the UHD players drop in price and more quality movies drop I'll cop. Right now I'm good with the upscaling and Sony's 4K media player where you digitally download your 4K movies

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The Samsung 4K blu-ray looks nice, but it's too expensive right now. I hope the next generation consoles use 4K Blu-rays. Kinda how the Sony gave people blu-ray with their system. My dad bought a PlayStation just for the blu-ray, cuz it was only a little bit more expensive than an actual standalone Blu-ray player. Sony is good about that shyt. I truly think the next gen consoles will be 4K enabled. So I'll wait until then. I'm happy with digital for the time being