Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Ever since the fiasco of scientists cooking up results to prove or disprove global warming theories (depending on who was funding it) I've learnt to never fully trusts scientists as the fact bringers, they can have an agenda just like politicians, businessmen etc.

Everyone plays a game friend. Scientists have to get funding and they may lie to do so. Also, the equipment scientists use typically arent funded personally. They come from universities and corporations that have their own agendas and uses for discoveries. Most discoveries are not just for the thrill of discovering something. There is a purpose. That said, you're right. They have to be trust as much as we trust a politician, not much.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Blah Blah Blah...I used to think like that, but these theories are not really easy to do :damn:. 99% of people don't have access to the equipment they use. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors.I'm not a religious nut, I actually believe there's a place where religion and science can coexist.

Hell :noah:

It's so demonic :ahh: (jk)

What are you doing in your life that you need to conduct expensive experiments? Are you an amateur scientist? Do you read scientific journals? Are you part of that community at all? How do you know Scientist are elitist when one of claims is that they must have faith when that is not the case at all.

Daps
Blah Blah Blah...I used to think like that, but these theories are not really easy to do :damn:. 99% of people don't have access to the equipment they use. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors.I'm not a religious nut, I actually believe there's a place where religion and science can coexist.

one tenth of 1% of the world's population even has the smarts to understand the results of an experiment at that level. Access to the equipment is a moot point.

And religion and science can not coexist.

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
are the people you are debating scientist though or just people who believe in science?

and what the fukk does something like how many planets in our solar system has to do with the scientific method? Seems to me your beef with that is who is categorizing that and not so much science.

I differentiate between "real science" and what we call science. "Our science" is clearly full of holes and unanswered questions. So I'm debating both, scientists and people who have blind faith in them. Blind faith in the sense that few of their followers (for example us on this site) actually repeat the experiments to prove it to ourselves. We just accept whatever the scientist says. Then the scientist proves himself wrong, making fools of us in the process, and we just go with his newest theory.

Science disproves itself all the time. It actually makes more logical sense to be skeptical of anything science deems true on the account there's a good chance it will be disproved by science itself in the future. It's like why buy the iPhone 5 when the iPhone 6 will be better, and so on.

You have to have faith in order to believe in anything, science included.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I differentiate between "real science" and what we call science. "Our science" is clearly full of holes and unanswered questions. So I'm debating both, scientists and people who have blind faith in them. Blind faith in the sense that few of their followers (for example us on this site) actually repeat the experiments to prove it to ourselves. We just accept whatever the scientist says. Then the scientist proves himself wrong, making fools of us in the process, and we just go with his newest theory.

Science disproves itself all the time. It actually makes more logical sense to be skeptical of anything science deems true on the account there's a good chance it will be disproved by science itself in the future. It's like why buy the iPhone 5 when the iPhone 6 will be better, and so on.

You have to have faith in order to believe in anything, science included.

:heh:

you need faith to believe in air? in gravity? That rain will happen? And now your using iphones as examples of science when that is clearly a product or science not science itself.

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh:

you need faith to believe in air? in gravity? That rain will happen? And now your using iphones as examples of science when that is clearly a product or science not science itself.

What is air made of? Do you know or do you have faith in what someone tells you it's made of?

Gravity also existed before man discovered it and named it gravity.

The iPhone analogy clearly went over your head. :manny:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
What is air made of? Do you know or do you have faith in what someone tells you it's made of?

Gravity also existed before man discovered it and named it gravity.

The iPhone analogy clearly went over your head. :manny:

air is made out oxygen and nitrogen i know this because I can prove it with a simple experiment. (breaths in and out, breaths in water then drown).

Gravity needed faith first in order for it to work according to you

and your iphone analogy made no fukking sense.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
That wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point was how hypocritical Scientist are. They had to have faith that they'd find it right?

LOL@ your faith argument.

In their quest to unravel the universe they come upon an unknown and try to make it known.

To solve the problem, they form a theory

Then everyone pokes holes in the theory to disprove it.

If they can't, they use the new theory as a benchmark and continue forward. Some scientists trudge ahead to new areas, others continue to dissect the commonly believed theory looking for a better one.

In the case of the collider, the Bogs theory presented an answer that was undefinable and invisible to current technology. The need to either prove or disprove had zero to do with faith in finding it and everything to do with seeing if it exists in the first place.

If it doesn't exist, they will go back to the drawing board.

Daps
You clearly don't understand either then.

You can't be guided by facts in area of your life and blind faith in the other.

There are plenty of moral theories and theories of justice and ethics that don't religion. There is no justification for such blind faith at all.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you have to realize that science goes through a process that basically consists of a bunch of haters that want to prove it wrong. knowing this, any scientist tries to disprove their own theory first to avoid embarassment

science goes to great lengths to control variables, calculate error margins, and do everything possible to make sure they're not 'wrong'. sure some scientists see dollar $ign$, and try to cheat, but then that gang of haters is waiting to point out their errors

it's a very rigorous process