40% of Black college grad couples' kids live in only 6 metro areas

Daps
A portion of my family fled up there. Boston to be exact. They struggled. A lot of them came back to the Carolinas. I have a lot of cousins up there I never met.
i’m not suggesting it is easy for black people up here. boston is one of the most racist cities in america. however, the climate - politically and culturally - is as different for black people as you’ll find in this country. if you can afford to live here, your children, should you have any, will benefit. education, crime, safety net, job market - all of these are healthier in new england than anywhere else in this country, particularly in massachusetts.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
DMV still winning

Charlotte moving back up the power rankings :blessed:

Howard University + abundant job opportunities + close proximity to places like NYC, Philly, ATL by car/train or plane. Makes sense.

Honestly, a lot of those people leaving Cali and NYC should seriously consider the DC area it’s such a perfect balance of northern urbanism and southern charm. More housing is being built (albeit not enough affordable housing) but to counter that Baltimore is growing in popularity as an affordable secondary location for people working in the DC area. I think that kinda migration would add a lot to the area culturally.

I’ve said it on here before, I think Black people should buy up the state of Maryland and make it a hub. Manageable enough size for us to collectively take it over from corner to corner. We already are majorities in two counties and Baltimore city and run the governments there. I think it’s super doable if there was a real organized effort.

Last edited: