3 Marines die of carbon monoxide poisoning. Can someone get in here and explain this to me?

Sniper

All Star
Daps
sometimes I wonder about some of yall

No running your AC while parked won’t kill you :mjtf:

Now running your car in enclosed area where the fumes can’t dissipate can kill you, like a garage all night. Some people even run a hose from the muffler to inside the car to do it

Unless there's an enclosed area at this gas station

speedway-2346.jpg

then the area they were in wasn't enclosed.

Google Maps

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Running your AC on high while parked can kill you? :mjtf:

Can someone confirm this? Cause I admit, in this heat in the last couple of weeks, I've done it a few times :patrice:

I'm still confused. So y'all saying that if the car is running, there's a chance Imma die? Or is it just if there's a leak?

I think I'm going to buy a portable carbon monoxide detector, can't be outchere taking chances :patrice:
:lupe:

Sniper

All Star
Daps
Running your AC on high while parked can kill you? :mjtf:

Can someone confirm this? Cause I admit, in this heat in the last couple of weeks, I've done it a few times :patrice:

I'm still confused. So y'all saying that if the car is running, there's a chance Imma die? Or is it just if there's a leak?

I think I'm going to buy a portable carbon monoxide detector, can't be outchere taking chances :patrice:

Yes if there's a leak.

Daps
There was a carbon monoxide leak in the car, they had the windows up got tired and probably parked to rest.

With the leak they all got poisoned which made then tired and felt that they needed to rest. Which led to their deaths.

Or they parked to take a nap with the AC on and if there's a leak, they went to sleep and never woke up.

So if they had gotten out of the car, they would have probably been alive?

I've felt sleepy when driving, but I never pull over to sleep in the car, ever. If anything, I'm going to let the windows down to let the wind hit me in the face and wake me up. One night years ago I was on my way home from work late one night and was falling asleep, so I pulled over and did some jumping jacks to wake myself up and then got back on the road.

Sniper

All Star
Daps
So if they had gotten out of the car, they would have probably been alive?

I've felt sleepy when driving, but I never pull over to sleep in the car, ever. If anything, I'm going to let the windows down to let the wind hit me in the face and wake me up. One night years ago I was on my way home from work late one night and was falling asleep, so I pulled over and did some jumping jacks to wake myself up and then got back on the road.

Yes if they got out of the car they could possibly still be alive depending on how bad off they were.

I'm guessing it was hot, they were tired and parked with the AC on. Whatever it was it was definitely a leak and not just because the AC was on.

They all probably started getting lethargic and sleepy and didn't think anything of it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes if they got out of the car they could possibly still be alive depending on how bad off they were.

I'm guessing it was hot, they were tired and parked with the AC on. Whatever it was it was definitely a leak and not just because the AC was on.

They all probably started getting lethargic and sleepy and didn't think anything of it.
Probably not. It can kill within 5 minutes if the fumes are strong enough, and once you catch the poisoning, no amount of fresh air will save you. The Carbon Monoxide dissolves in the blood and replaces the spot where the oxygen should be. There’s no cure, you just have to wait until your body expels the poison. Most people who get Carbon Monoxide poisoning don’t make it.