3 Friends Open a Bar. What Could Possibly Go Wrong? Official Always Sunny in Philadelphia thread.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
All the Ireland shyt was meh, but the Lethal Weapon episode was great. Thought they missed an opportunity to give Charlie a serious moment ala Mac

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was a passing fan for the first few seasons but fell off.

However, the podcast is GOAT status and getting me back into the show. Being that they're friends IRL and have been hanging with each other for over a decade, their chemistry is ridiculously good. It's like a smarter, more self-aware version of their TV counterparts.

For example, in today's episode, the gang looks up how tall the internet says they are along w/ their estimated net worth and seeing their reactions is hilarious:
(Timestamp)

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I was a passing fan for the first few seasons but fell off.

However, the podcast is GOAT status and getting me back into the show. Being that they're friends IRL and have been hanging with each other for over a decade, their chemistry is ridiculously good. It's like a smarter, more self-aware version of their TV counterparts.

For example, in today's episode, the gang looks up how tall the internet says they are along w/ their estimated net worth and seeing their reactions is hilarious:
(Timestamp)

I've listened to the entire podcast. It's 20% talking about an episode and 75% talking about random things and 5% fill in the blank. It's a great listen. I just wish they'd bring in Danny Devito and some of the other reoccurring characters.

You can tell that they really are friends with the way they talk to each other and know that they also know what buttons to pus to get a reaction.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lost track of this show…can’t remember what season I last watched and what season it’s on now

*edit*

looking at my posts, S14 was the last season I watched…so I need to catch up on 15

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Just speaking generally, they should cut this now. One more season, but I think they are signed for three.

December 2021 was too hectic for me and I missed that last season. But, they also lost me with the FXX/Hulu, I didn't even know where to watch.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just speaking generally, they should cut this now. One more season, but I think they are signed for three.

December 2021 was too hectic for me and I missed that last season. But, they also lost me with the FXX/Hulu, I didn't even know where to watch.
So because you had a hectic Christmas season and are confused that FX airs episodes on Hulu, they should cut the show?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
So because you had a hectic Christmas season and are confused that FX airs episodes on Hulu, they should cut the show?

Ha, that was a poorly constructed post. There was a time when I cut cable, and didn't get Hulu, just because it's like a content overload. Then I had it for awhile, and now I don't again.

As far as the show, I think the quality has gotten wildly uneven in the last 7 years or so, brilliant episodes, and then near total misses, of course that will happen when a show goes tis long, writers change, creatives want to try new things, not everything works, but I think overall there should be more graceful end, as opposed to something like The Simpsons that just got worse and worse.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also looks like the McPoyles own the bowling alley they're showing in the trailer :mjgrin:

Good to see Jimmy back on the show after a long hiatus since Westworld

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
The podcast is great. I think you can see that they put a lot of themselves into the show - they're all like their characters in weird ways, but functional not psychopaths.

I'd be happy for them to keep making the show as long as they want to. Some of my favorite episodes they ever made are from the more recent seasons, even though they also had more dud episodes.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
saw this yesterday and :feedme:

been waiting years for this to come back.

Rob McElhenney been pumping out hella seasons of mythic quest on apple tv+ in the meanwhile. they must be paying him significantly more at apple.

Ronald Macdonald aka Ronnie the RAT is spending time owning a soccer team that's doing very well.

He has a reality docu-show about it on FX