3 days ago Rollingstone top 100 singers list resurfaced people upset :

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Do they mean "singers" as in great vocalists or singers as in great overall artist?

Cuz I see some names too high( those 2 Beatles, David Bowie, Van Morrison) on that list that I don't consider great singers (as in vocalist) but were great artists.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Do they mean "singers" as in great vocalists or singers as in great overall artist?

Cuz I see some names too high( those 2 Beatles, David Bowie, Van Morrison) on that list that I don't consider great singers (as in vocalist) but were great artists.

i think just great voices. (quote below from rollingstone)

There’s something a bout a voice that’s personal, not unlike the particular odor or shape of a given human body. Summoned through belly, hammered into form by the throat, given propulsion by bellows of lungs, teased into final form by tongue and lips, a vocal is a kind of audible kiss, a blurted confession, a soul-burp you really can’t keep from issuing as you make your way through the material world.

props on the van morrison shout out, dude is too dope. :salute:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Frank Sinatra sings better than Elvis and I dont see him on the list

you think so, i like frank sinatra but his music was before my time but they dont give his props for nothing.

i dont know if norah jones made the list, but shes got great vocals her first LP is a classic to me.

people underestimate bob marleys vocals because his songs were so piff, but dude could sing like an angel.

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...like in football, white people should only rate themselves to and against themselves.

prince at 30, really? just in falsetto, he was better than 3/4 of the people they had in front of him. stevie nicks even making the list shot holes all through this list's validity.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
...like in football, white people should only rate themselves to and against themselves.

prince at 30, really? just in falsetto, he was better than 3/4 of the people they had in front of him. stevie nicks even making the list shot holes all through this list's validity.

:russ::russ: no love for dreams

listen to the sound of the loneliness like a heart beat drives you maaad - :wow:

Prince way better singer and writer though.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
black artist should have topped out the top 95.
wxtyzrW.gif

#sickofwhitepeople

UKVu0t8.gif